User Tag List

Thread: Canon 550d or nikon 5100d or 3200d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Canon 550d or nikon 5100d or 3200d

Hello All,

I am planning to upgrade my canon 1000D camera to next level.My budget is 35 K .

I was looking at canon 550D , Nikon3200D and 5100D , Could you please suggest me which one to buy.

Cheers, Akshay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Since you already have the Canon 1000D, it is better to stick to the same brand. No need to learn the layout of the buttons afresh.

Canon 550D is a very capable camera as you can see from the posts of our various members. What kind of photography do you want to focus on?

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Second body to Nikon

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Since you already have the Canon 1000D, it is better to stick to the same brand. No need to learn the layout of the buttons afresh.

Canon 550D is a very capable camera as you can see from the posts of our various members. What kind of photography do you want to focus on?

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Hi...I am a Nikon shooter with keen interests in Landscape, Wildlife and Birds photography. I have a D90 + 18-105 VR + 300mm f4 lenses.

Now, my wife is also keen in getting into photography. Her interests are - Nature/Landscape, Travel/Street and wildlife photography. We have shortlisted to buy D51000 or D3200.

What is your opinion on these? Which one should I get? Please feel free to recommend any other body or system.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Canon and Nikon are the two leading brands. Each capable of delivering good results. If you buying the flagship camera then that is a big decision as at times Canon's model is better and at other times the Nikon model gets more features. Currently the Canon 1D X is getting a lot of attention from Nikon owners.

D3200 has got a 24 Mega pixel sensor and has the maximum resolution in the APS-C sensors and if the choice is between D3200 and D5100, I would pick up the D3200.

If I were into travel and street photography, then I would pick up the new Canon wide angle lenses with IS as well as the 40mm lens which is so small and flat that it is called pancake by people and is virtually inconspicuous for street photography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed that the D3200 has the highest resolution among APS-C cameras but the same attribute brings in a BIG negative. Recently I got the opportunity to go through some RAW files from the camera and even at ISO 400, noise is noticeable. On the other hand, I have heard that the D5100 does fine even at ISO 800. If I were to choose between the two, it would be the D5100 with some margin to spare as it shares it's sensor technology with Nikon's own D7000 which has proven itself to be better than any other camera in its segment.
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys for reading through !

Last week I bought D5100 kit for my wife...not yet tested it actually...shall post some pics soon...thank you.

Thread Information