ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Black Buck at Ranebennur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Black Buck at Ranebennur

Visited RaneBennur on Saturday and Sunday, surprisingly the core area was locked.. even the forest dept office was locked.

We had just ventured into the forest lands around where it was free access and found two baby black bucks.. which started running away hearing the movement of the car..

Quickly grabbed my camera and went on a continous shooting spree... to make best out of the opportunity.

Camera Model Canon EOS 60D
    Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/1250
    Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
    ISO Speed 3200 (Auto)
    Lens EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hymakar,
    Good to see an image from Ranebennur. I have not visited the place. So I would appreciate if you can share some details about this place and number of blackbucks and the habitat, cultivation etc. May be you can create a thread in the wilderness updates section and post details with other images.

Did you drive down there? How is the road?

Nice to see a leaping black buck. Its prowess of leaping from a standing position has been often mentioned, and is especially well documented by Dunbar Brander.

The image is a bit noisy due to the high ISO and probably crop, however the sharpness is acceptable and it shows us how it overcomes barriers. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, i will update the details of my visit to Ranebennur and also about Ranebennur in the wilderness updates, I had visited Daroji also on weekend... will post those images.. Light was low hence i quickly turned the ISO to auto to manage higher shutter speed to capture run and jumps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice mid air pose captured. The high ISO has helped. The eye contact is nice. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Superb action photo. Oh! That famous gallop after the initial vertical leaps.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S: As I see tree forest ahead , this may be after the initial leaps in the open enjoyed equally by you.
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 23-10-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice image Hymakar. The leap has been nicely captured. There seems to be some concrete work going on, stones seem to have been smashed and mounds of stone granules have been assembled. Not sure if they are going to build something giving the jungle a 'human' touch. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information