ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Wild Tiger: Bandhavgarh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Wild Tiger: Bandhavgarh

Panthera tigris tigris. This is from Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM, 230mm, f6.3, 1/60. This adolescent cub was just a few feet away. Poor thing he was captured and put in the bhopal zoo. For more details: http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/indi...3-issue-vii-2/

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First I would like to Congratulate you for completing 10,000 posts..!! In the nearly 4 years which the forum will complete you have achieved this remarkable achievement. Thanks for the guidance and the wonderful images which you have posted. Look forward to many more..

Sharp. The eye contact is amazing. I remember he was sitting behind the bush just 5 feet away from the gypsy. Lovely details. Sad to know he is now in a 5*5 feet cage . Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW... such a wonderful post to reach 10000 mark. I am yet to see tiger in the wild... Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Wonderful portrait. Amazing details.
    Motivating and instilling confidence in the nature and wildlife lovers form a part of our responsibilities. Shri Sabyasachi has paved the way.
    Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unable to take eyes off this picture.Wonderfully captured.A stunning look fom the animal is nicely photographed.

Congratulation on 10000+ posts.Please keep up the good work.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congrats Sir, although the number is a milestone, the content matters a lot more esp the guidance to many a beginner in photography including me. I wish more people in this country had the same enthusiasm and selflessness in sharing knowledge and learnings and doing what little they can do protecting our natural wealth.

agree with mrudul nice compo and the eye is a stunner

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dear all,
    Thanks a lot for your encouraging words. I have shared my photography knowledge in the hope that others will learn and create good images and hopefully those images can help in motivating people to save our wildlife and wilderness areas. Some say I am naive as I don't get any credit and in this commercial world self-aggrandizement is all that matters. I am not bothered. I feel, if even one person out of thousand learns and starts championing the cause of conservation, I will feel good.

In 1992, when I was trying to learn photography, nobody helped me. People don't share fearing that the other person will learn. The same thing happened when I was getting into filming. One of the well known wildlife filmmakers from South, answered my question by suggesting a pretty low end, third rate microphone and my subsequent question remain unanswered. Do I care? I decided to research on my own and today my equipment is much better than others. I will continue to help people and grow this community.

I didn't realise that I had ten thousand posts. I am sure some day it will be 1 lakh. However, the more important is how much we are able to do about conserving our wild places and wildlife. I see the work in the last four years as just the initial preparatory work. Lots to do in future. There is only one life. May God give us the strength.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabyasachi,

Congratulations on the milestone posts. Look forward to see lots more coming from you.

Btw, Did you have a TC connected to the lens and forgot to mention or is the focal length mentioned in terms of 35mm equivalent?
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had the 2x II TC for some tight close ups. For this image used a wider focal length. The actual optical focal length that I used here was 230mm. This was confirmed from the exif in lightroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love this! It's nice that you could get the eyes in the clear.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Sabyasachi for completing over 10,000 posts. Loved the look in the eyes here.

I have learned a lot from this forum and I take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution towards conservation, spreading awareness and teaching

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations..........................
    Nice portrait,loved the look on his face.
    TFS
    Suraj.S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Panthera tigris tigris. This is from Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS USM, 230mm, f6.3, 1/60. This adolescent cub was just a few feet away. Poor thing he was captured and put in the bhopal zoo. For more details: http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/indi...3-issue-vii-2/

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Patraji

One of the males had given me a lot of time in January 2011. He is featured in my calendar. You may check whether this male is the one featured in the calendar.

Regards

Anand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image Sabyasachi. The tiger looks regal and the features look very sharp. With a focal length of 230mm I guess you must have been relatively close for such a detailed image . Its been a long time I have not been to the jungles and such images literally taunt me . Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information