FOCAL LENGTH- 55mm
    ISO-200
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sachin,

The first thing that comes to our notice is the lighting. It is harsh. For photography, the early morning and the late afternoon light is the best. You get the golden light. Subjects appear soft. In the late morning and after noon, the light is harsh.

In your image, just check the tail portion. The top is very bright and details are lost. We call that the image is burnt or highlights have been clipped. The same thing has happened in portions of the head as well.

Please check my repost. I tried to recover some details. However, you can do it better in the original. Which software you use for processing?

My suggestion to you is to check the histogram in the lcd. When you click a picture, you will find a histogram (a graph). Try to see that the histogram doesn't touch the left or the right. If it touches the left side, that means some portions of the image is so dark that details are lost. Similarly, if it touches the right side, that means some portions are very bright and details are lost. So try to keep the histogram at the middle. With these subjects, you can always play back your image and check the histogram.

If it is bright and the histogram is touching the right side, and the image has bright highlights, then you can use the exposure compensation. You can dial in -1/3 EV or -2/3rd EV.

I am sure you would be able to manage these few technical issues in your subsequent images. In case of any doubts let me know. Look forward to more images from you as I like your composition.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sabyasachi for ur valuable comments.
    Yes the light was harsh as the photo is taken around 2.30 in afternoon. Couldn't heped it, as it was during one of my site visit for a bungalow project near manor in Thane.
    I haven't learnt photography.. bt i have understud many thingd by your informative reply.
    yes i saw the histogram. it was more towards left, bt not touching left or right.
    bt then i saw the same image in highlight mode... it shows bright parts as you said,
    where i have missed the details. you have suggested to use exposure compensation, and to use some dial.. "m sorry but i'm not getting it as i'm not Conversant with the technical terms, and don't have tht knowlege.
    please can u expain bit more if you have time?
    abt post processing, for this image i have used Microsoft office picture manager.
    But sometimes i also go for Picasa.
    any suggesion which software is better, easy to use, and available.
    Last edited by Sachin Waghmare; 28-12-2008 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sachin,

It is not absolutely essential to learn photography from an institute. I too haven't learn't photography from any institute. These days with the availability of digital cameras the rate of learning has become faster. As you get instantaneous feedback. I have seen photographers attaining a very good level in a year.

In the other response I have talked about the exposure compensation (it would be mentioned as EV). Please check the link I had sent earlier and also your camera manual. Still any difficulties, let me know.

You can do basic corrections in picassa. You can also find a photoshop online version.

Thread Information