ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Peck Peck... Woodpecker !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peck Peck... Woodpecker !

Streak-throated Woodpecker at Jim Corbett NP.

EXIF: Nikon D90, Nikkor 300mm f4 + 1.4x tc, f5.6, 1/250 sec, ISO 1400, Aperture Priority, Center Weighted Metering, Cropped Image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The texture on the bark has come out well. Wish you had got the bird close and in better light. That would have been great as it would have brought out details better. I am sure we will see that from you soon. In corbett you see lot of birds, but not always close to you. In which range of Corbett was this? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice eye contact. The textures on the bark look nice. The composition looks fine. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice , agree with the comments above. there seems to be a yellow tint to the image
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation !

@Sabyasachi: This was taken on my way to Dhikala FRH. Yea, it was at quite a distance and I wish it had nice light falling on it that time. It pretty much in the shade due to dense forest.

For the yellow tint, how do I check it and what can I do to improve my image now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bhavin,
    Addressing by name is sufficient. No need to add an @ sign infront of the name. To me the @ symbol signifies the price of some goods. So I feel like a bag of potatoes when someone attaches @ sign infront of a name. It doesn't help in building a close knit community either. So just address people by name.

Which software are you using for image editing/resizing? Are you clicking in RAW or in jpeg mode?

I shoot in RAW and after importing the image into lightroom check the colour temperature. There is a slider for colour temperature and tint. Slightly moving them will help in getting the desired values. Initially it may appear as a daunting task. Later you will get a hang of it. Better to use Auto White Balance and then do the minimal corrections needed. Most of the times the Auto white balance works fine.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Sabyasachi for your efforts to bring up a sense of close knit members of one community

I am currently using Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 for doing the basic cropping and resizing and lil bit of post processing the image. I am not having much knowledge about the PP work so not tempering with my images much. Thank you for your advice on the color temp part. I will check if I can do that using Elements 10.

Yes, I shot all my images of Jim Corbett and Sattal trip in raw and used Photoshop elements to simply convert it and then PP on the jpegs. I know I should rather PP on the raw then convert it to jpeg. I am also planning to get my hands on proper PP software. I assume I should get Lightroom, correct?

Thread Information