User Tag List

Thread: Green Bee-Eater

Presently living in Bhubaneswar but a native of Jeypore town of Koraput dis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Green Bee-Eater

Clicked this image in the Wetland near Balia village in Koraput, Odisha. I was there at the wetland for a short birding trip when I saw this beautiful bird perched up on this branch. The perch and the early morning light was simply perfect for making this image. The wetland I am talking about are among the very few natural wetlands existing in Koraput district. Once upon a time this wetland attracted many migratory birds and the swamps were full of life. Marsh crocodiles were numerous here as well. But with time the wetland has been eaten up by paddy fields and the toxic chemical residues from near by fields flow into the swamp. Human greed is sucking the life blood out of this once beautiful , full of life wetland which is destined to die a silent death.

EXIF
    Shutter Speed :1/200 Sec.
    Aperture : f/5.8
    ISO Speed : ISO 100
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see this green bee-eater. Which camera? The greens look a bit over saturated.

Where exactly is this place? Do you still find muggers (marsh crocodiles) there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice perch. Good eye contact. The ruffled feathers look nice. There seems to be some loss in details. It is sad to hear that wetlands are getting destroyed due to fields and dumping of garbage, that is the case in all towns and cities. Do post the equipment details. Where was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice colorful bird. Agree with Sabyasachi and Mrudul on the observation. Equipment details will help. Maybe a higher ISO would have given you a higher shutter speed which in turn will result in a sharper image with minimal loss of details.

Thanks for sharing

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice perch and eye contact. Krishnan has observed that its each eye covers territory independently of the other. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 25-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt know that bee eaters were squints. Thanks Saktida for making us aware of it. Nice image Partha, hope we can address you as Partha . The ruffled feathers as Mrudul pointed out does look lovely. However, feel the saturation can be reduced a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Presently living in Bhubaneswar but a native of Jeypore town of Koraput dis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all who critiqued my image. This photograph was taken with a Canon SX 40 HS Fixed lens prosumer camera. This place is 10 kms away from the town of Jeypore in Koraput district of Odisha. This wetland is a part of the three horse-shoe shaped lakes on the bank of river Kolab. Muggers, I have learnt, are still hanging around. Though their numbers is very few. As the river swells in monsoon they enter into these small lakes and when water dries up in the lakes in summer they somehow manage to find their way back into the river.

Thread Information