contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Salman's SC relief in blackbuck case; to face trial under Wildlife Protection Act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Salman's SC relief in blackbuck case; to face trial under Wildlife Protection Act

Salman's SC relief in blackbuck case; to face trial under Wildlife Protection Act
    BOLLYWOOD, Posted on Jan 24, 2013 at 02:17pm IST

New Delhi: Bollywood star Salman Khan will not face trial in the 1998 blackbuck hunting case in Rajasthan on charges of rioting but under the Wildlife Protection Act, the Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
    An apex court bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam declined to accept the Rajasthan government's plea that film star Salman Khan and four others should also be tried for rioting under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code.
    The blackbuck shooting case dates back to 1998 during the shooting of the film 'Hum Saath Saath Hain'.

The state government had come to the apex court challenging the Rajasthan High Court order by which it has authorised a lower court to withdraw charges of rioting against Salman Khan and four others.
    A complaint was filed against Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali Bendre on charges of being involved in hunting of protected blackbucks.
    The actors were accused of poaching two blackbucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur in October 1998.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is unfortunate that these cases keep on hanging for such a long time. If I were to be a witness, then I will give up. Our legal process has to be completed fast and the perpetrators of the crime punished. Since the legal process takes such a long time, people feel that they can commit a crime and get away with it. I hope this case comes to its logical conclusion soon.

Thread Information