User Tag List

Thread: Hanuman Langur chewing Plastics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hanuman Langur chewing Plastics

This Image is from NAGZIRA century

my wife was written one message in marathi .. attach h/w.

we can raise awareness people travelling through forests don't discard polythene packets and plastic etc etc ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default chewing Plastics

From Nagzira

Tourist are responsible ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really a sad thing to see this monkey with the plastic packet. We surely need to spread this message and carrying plastic inside a reserve should be strictly banned by the forest department.

Are any particular steps taken by you as a part of the NGO in Nagzira? The message you have attached was it published in the newspaper?

I am translating the message in the image for all the readers, it says -

"These days there is increased liking in people to visit different National Parks and Forest Reserves. The Government and the Forest Department are also encouraging this and have provided the facility of jungle safaris in gypsies two times in a day for all the tourists.

While inside the jungle (Nagzira), there is a facility provided for the tourists to throw the plastic bags and cartons in the dustbins carried by the guide in the gypsy and not to throw it outside.

Even though there are instances as in the case above where Mr. Gajanan.Bapat photographed a langur eating the contents of the packet and while doing so is about to eat a part of the plastic pack.

So it would be good if the Forest Department take more solid steps to ban plastics inside the jungle and also the tourists should take care to not throw any plastic around while inside the forest."
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hanuman Langur chewing Plastics

Dear Ms Mrudul Godbole

Thanks for comments & translate the message in English, I am trying publish in Local paper but yet not done ..

please suggest any other idea for spread-up this message to all & Tourist also ....

Gajanan Bapat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is really sad to see that our tourists (and photographers are a big part) don't care for the environment and litter in the forests. It is a kind of problem afflicting most of us in India. In Delhi, I see people rolling down the windows of their cars and throwing the empty wafers packets. The same people when they go to Singapore don't even do that for fear of prosecution. We are making our country a garbage dump. If anyone is to be blamed, then it is we Indians.

We will continue to focus on educating people about the plastic problem. We need to ban plastics from our ecosensitive regions.
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information