FL 60mm
    Tv 1/60
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Suraj.S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

NIce image of our big brother. Nice pose. I guess it weighs about 1 ton.

You may be knowing, Suraj Bhai, Govt.of India issued one B&W postage stamp based on a similar photograph of a Gaur (with some new grass in the mouth) taken by E.P.Gee, a famous naturalist who took Jawaharlal to Kaziranga and convinced him about preservation of that great heritage. In that morning Mother Nature greeted Pandit Nehru, one of the great lovers of nature, with all her beauty most abundantly.
    Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thats a majestic looking male. light seems pretty low. is there a hallow around it due to the PP ?? more space at the bottom wud be nice.

Shakti sab liked your reference to that legacy which brought in some sense of who we are after a complete loss of perspective during the Raj. But it seems as dead as Pandit Nehru himself today. Esp in the last 10 yrs with his kin at the helm of this country.

TFS
    Roopak
    Last edited by Roopak Gangadharan; 30-03-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely pose of a big male gaur. The low angle looks good. Seems the light was pretty bad. There is some noise due to the high ISO. Agree with Roopak there seems to be a halo around it.

Agree with Roopak, someone needs to take some serious steps to preserve what is remaining, we need a nature loving Prime Minsiter again .
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agree with Roopak's observation regarding the halo.

E. P. Gee had taken Panditji. Indira Gandhi saw tiger while passing through bandipur which had a deep impact on her. Though Rajiv Gandhi is not known to have done anything for conservation, he used to holiday in the wilds in Corbett and Ranthambhore among others along with his wife and kids.

Manmohan Singh went to Ranthambhore during the tiger crisis. He saw Macchli - who was baited for three days previous to that to keep her near the lake - and promptly named her "Lady of the Lake". That contrived tiger sighting did nothing to change Shri Manmohan Singh's perception about our environment and forests and his two terms have been the worst from an environment and wildlife point of view.

We don't know who will become the next PM. It seems that Narendra Bhai's grap is ascendant in the BJP, however, whether he becomes the PM or not is a big if and even if he becomes going by his track record he is not known to be a champion of environment. There are too many other claimants to the throne and is beyond the scope to discuss at this moment.

Rather than hoping the PM to do everything, if there is a big pressure from the champions of environment and forests, then the PM is bound to listen. We have been writing many letters, emails and faxes. However, we have to increase the pressure by many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

On one or two occasions I have talked about the tigers of Shivpuri in the 1950's or early 1960's. Lest I forget, I wish to share one incident. Even during the 1970's, the officials of foreign embassies and consulates used to leave Delhi for Shivpuri (and possibly Sariska) during the weekends for hunting and feasting on deer and antelope meat.
    Smt. Indira Gandhi came to know about it. She called them and sternly told them on their face to stop it forthwith, otherwise the law of the land will take its own course. The tigress was in her full fury.

Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I PP in that way to give a misty feel in the image.
    Thanks for the info & reply.
    Suraj.S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An excellent image...almost dreamy in its treatment. Thanks for the anecdotes....it was interesting to read especially the one were Mrs Gandhi hauled up the diplomats. We, the people, need to do more. Its useless waiting for anyone to appear on the scene at the helm of affairs so that the situation improves.

Thread Information