Thread: New Tiger Reserve Proposal for Goa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Tiger Reserve Proposal for Goa

New Tiger Reserve Proposal for Goa
    May 6, 2013, 10.23 PM IST

NEW DELHI: The Union environment and forests ministry has asked the Goa government to send proposals to set up a tiger reserve at the Mhadei wildlife sanctuary, Parliament was told on Monday.

The ministry has also asked the Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh governments to send similar proposals to start tiger reserves at Bor and Nagzira (Maharashtra), Suhelwa (UP) and Guru Ghasidas national park (Chhattisgarh), environment and forests minister Jayanthi Natarajan told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.

The Goa forest department had last month for the first time photographed a tiger at the Mhadei sanctuary in northeastern part of the state, 60km from Panaji, after a several month-long expedition.

Natarajan further said that her ministry had granted in-principle approval for creation of four new tiger reserves at Pilibhit (Uttar Pradesh), Ratapani ( Madhya Pradesh), Sunabeda (Odisha) and Mukundara Hills (Rajasthan).

She further said that final approval has been accorded to Kudremukh wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka for declaring it as a tiger reserve.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good to hear that Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary has been given the final approval as a tige reserve. It is a welcome move.

Thread Information