ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Arindam Datta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Arindam Datta

Hi friends,this is arindam,from kolkata,i am a newcomer to this forum and would like to introduce myself.I am 26yrs old,from kolkata,a doctor by profession,working in the field of critical care.

So far wildlife is concerned,it is like an addiction to me. Being drained by my hectic schedule, it is the jungles or verdant green hills that recharge me to come back to my work! The call of the wild has been so intense upon me that it is impossible for me to stay at home for a month. Over years the call of the wild has turned me from a schoolboy who loves to visit jungles to an avid nature lover. Previously i used to visit forests for the purpose of wildlife viewing only, but experiencing the drastic change in forest cover and the plight of its denizens, I am now trying to shift to wildlife photography as a means of conservation, to increase the mass awareness and to generate love for the beautiful creations of maother nature.

Before i turned to wildlife photography, I have visited a good number of national parks just to see face to face the wild wonders of india including bandipur, manas, kaziranga, mudumalai, rajaji, buxa, simlipal, pench, satkosia, periyar, singalila, kanchendzonga, nandadevi, pin valley etc are to name a few.

Having based in kolkata, the dense forests of terai regions known as dooars and the himalayan national parks of west bengal and sikkim are the most visited ones by me, and the forests of eastern india are particularly a fav with me,and my photographic journeys are more oriented around these areas. Although times and again i have visited the central indian green landscapes as well and south indian green heavens also but not that much frequently. Apart from that i have actively worked in some conservation issues in bengal.
    Last edited by Arindam Datta; 29-06-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Arindam,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Nice to know more about you and your interests. It is good to know that you have visited a number of wilderness areas. Apart from images, it is also important to note the details of the place. The places are deteriorating so fast, that it is important to document those for posterity and if possible put a break to the destruction of these places.

You can also upload your self photo so that we can associate a face to your words.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome Arindham.this is a forum which will help you to highlight conservation and natural history issues through photography and even otherwise. you will also get some practical tips in improving on your photography skills. keep posting and sharing your views.

Rgds
    Roopak

Thread Information