User Tag List

Thread: Diary section of IndiaWilds in Top 36 blogs in India

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Diary section of IndiaWilds in Top 36 blogs in India

Dear All,
    I was coy in sharing this with you all. Nevertheless thought that it is important for people to know this.

The Diary section of IndiaWilds (http://www.indiawilds.com/diary ) has been listed as one of the top 36 blogs out of some 50,000 blogs by Indian Top Blogs (ITB). Ofcourse the diary section started as my blog, and it now houses camera and film equipment reviews done by me, our monthly newsletters and articles shared by contributors and is now taking shape as a online magazine. Sharing the email below. Read on..
    Sabyasachi
    ------
    Dear Sabyasachi,

Interested in hearing a bit about the fruit of our labour? You might not be, but do read on, for the sake of our satisfaction.

It so happened that two years back we started looking for good Indian blogs. We screened a few thousand Indian blogs and came up with a list of the best among them. We called the list as the Directory of Best Indian Blogs. We didn’t invite nominations, we didn’t go by peer recommendations, and we didn’t select blogs by their popularity rankings or number of comments or such other statistical parameters. Later on, we brought out a still distilled list and called it our Platinum List. The process has seen three rounds so far and we have screened over 50,000 Indian blogs, and this year we’ve got around 500 blogs in the Directory and 36 in the Platinum List.

It so happens now that in the Platinum List for 2012-13 that came out a week back, your blog too finds a place. From a shortlist of the nearly 500 top blogs in the Directory, we kept on rejecting blogs that suffered some or the other blemish. If your blog doggedly refused to go out, we are not to blame.

In case you didn’t have the time to have a look at the listing, do click here: http://www.indiantopblogs.com/2013/0...-platinum.html

All the best!

ITB team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great News! Congratulations!
    Regards,
    Bibhav Behera
    www.bibhavbehera.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Good News.

"Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

-Helen Keller

Best Wishes,
    SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Bibhav.
    Shaktipada ji,
    Thanks for sharing Helen Keller's words of wisdom. Without dedication nothing can be achieved.

I was sharing my experiences in the diary section, before the indiawilds forums. It was created to share my notes which I scribble at the end of the day or immediately on coming back from a trip. It has now grown much beyond that and together with the forums form a good experience for our members and others.

I have never expected any reward nor do I expect one in the future. I just want to create a good resource which will help the indiawilds community as well as the millions of people who have not been fortunate to appreciate the beauty of India's wilds are waiting to be educated and convinced about the importance of our wilds and need to save those. Hope this small IndiaWilds community can be the change agents that India needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recognition follows good work and value addition...richly deserved Sabyasachi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Sabyasachi, Moderators and Members, Congratulations for contributing to the success of Indiawilds! Such recognitions does spikes up the motivation levels of entire team and especially Sabyasachi.
    I would like to say, Sabyasachi, your sacrifice and sinsere efforts has not gone unnoticed and by telling your work is appreciated does not do your contribution and service justice. You are making the difference. God bless you, Regards, Debasis Bose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Kaustuv!

Deabsis,
    Thanks for your kind words. The reason for posting that message was to tell people that slowly the outside world is noticing the work done by this group of people.

I am never interested in awards. Infact, I am very uncomfortable when I receive any awards. In an embarrasing moment, last year while receiving the award from the Maharashtra Chief Minister and Dy. Chief Minister, I forgot to pick up the cheque replica and was reminded by the Dy. Chief Minister Shri Ajit Pawar. You can see that around 45 seconds into this award video.

All our leaders have failed us. So now it is upto us - the common man and woman - to stand up and force the Government to take action, to save our wilderness areas and wildlife and to recreate the lost corridors between our forests. That will in turn save us or lessen the impact of climate change.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information