ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Sloth Bear ... My Jaggery paste

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sloth Bear ... My Jaggery paste

Sloth bear clicked at Daroji Sloth Bear Sanctuary.. Licking away the Jaggery pasted on the rocks by the Forest Dept.

Habitat surrounded by strong mining industry.. interacted with Local Wildlife Warden and the kind of conservation activities and initiatives they have been driving are outstanding.

Recently Arecelor-Mittal has been sanctioned a 30K Cr investment closer to the Sanctuary.

Went along with WWF team and the participation fee paid was used for sponsoring uniforms and shoes to the forest gaurds.

EXIF Details:

Canon 60D
    300 f4 +1.4 TC
    1/500
    F/5.6
    ISO 400
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liked the pose. The nails, when attacked can be really dangerous. It is good to know that lot of conservation activities are going on there. But with the new project coming up, there will be further harm to the habitat . Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In Daroji they used to feed the sloth bears with even sweetened rice (payasam) and full meal (thali). However, they are continuing with the jaggery and honey paste, banana, fruits etc. This has been continuing for many years. If the forest department would have tried hard, then the area would have had different fruit bearing trees to fulfill the needs of bears in all the seasons. If this baiting stops, then the flow of visitors will also stop. So the forest department continues with it.

Arcelor Mittal has said that they are pulling out from Karnataka. Mining has ravaged the state of Karnataka.

Thread Information