ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Kowa 850mm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kowa 850mm?

Anyone tried this one? The Kowa 850mm F9.5 Manual Focus?

I have shot a lot on Kowa Cine Lenses (Anamorphic). Would love to see results of this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did happen to see this at a Fair/Expo in UK a few years ago. This was positioned as a scope, which could double up as a tele and was priced around 3000 Pounds. Since then (maybe 2 years ago) i do not think it made the impact that it was gunning for, though the concept of a 500 mm, doubling up as a scope at possibly half the price of a L Series from Canon is a noble aspiration and a good business proposition.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The evolution of this kind of lens is primarily from the birding side. Birders use spotting scopes and then started using various adapters to fit cameras and then DSLRs started getting attached. The quality level obviously cannot be expected to match that from a DSLR and a long tele lens.

So I am sure a few people may be buying it. I am not aware of anyone who is using this lens. So you need to find out actual user who is using it. It becomes difficult to sell it if you don't like it. So you need to do a bit of research on this.

Thread Information