Location - Mahadipur, Malda, W.B.
    Shot Taken on - Sep, 12

[Shot taken in light rain...]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice close-up. The composition looks fine, but I think a slight head turn towards the left would have enhanced it further. This is full frame? Please post the aperture, ISO and shutter speed details. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

thnx for the review...uncropped....800 iso, f8, aperture priority...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You missed telling us about what you did to the background and details of your processing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't mentioned it, because very ordinary photo editing has been done, brightness, exposure, etc...the pic was a very close ranged and uncropped, background, sharpness, etc are natural and not photoedited...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, frankly speaking I am surprised by your responses. It is evident that there has been some very basic blurring done to the background and the marks all around the bird is there for all to see. The outlines of the bird has also been blurred. The background pixellation will not happen in a uncropped, full frame image, unless you say that the Nikon camera you are using is the culprit.

We are here to critique so that there is peer-to-peer learning. Unless you tell us exactly what you have done, it is a waste of time to go through a guessing game. People are spending their time to give you critiques so that it will help you. If there is a perception that all the information is not there or not right, then you will stop getting responses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@sabyasachi patra - i always enjoy your and other's comments and criticisms, but this time I feel a bit offended, as you directly called me a liar.

I may not be a top level photographer like most of you, but that doesn't mean i cannot get any decent shot without photoshop trickery.

Attaching the original unedited photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Arpan,
    I am again surprised by your response. You may first look at your responses before you accuse me.

Twice you have said that the image is uncropped (in your response #3 and #5). That is why I said that I am surprised by your responses. An analytical mind will definitely keep on asking questions when it finds that there is something which is not appearing as it should appear. If you would have told us the correct details, then you would not have felt hurt later.

We spend time to analyse images and give you suggestions free of cost. So the poster should have the courtesy to provide all details and don't expect others to get into a guessing game.

I have never spoken about your ability as a photographer. I had started more than two decades back, so I do have a bit more knowledge than you. When you put in many more hours of work, you can become much better. Sky is the limit if the person is talented and works hard. Remember Thomas Alva Edison had said "Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration".

Similarly Malcom Gladwell has written in his book Outliers that one has to put in 10,000 hours of hard work to really reach the top.

There are members who have gone through this critiques and have later on won awards. So it is important to be honest with his/her own work as that leads to the development of the person.

Please remember critiques doesn't mean criticism. We are not just trying to find faults. We are want each one of us to continue becoming better than what we were yesterday. The more details you provide, easier it will be for us to visualise the scene.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    PS: We can address each other by our first names. No need to attach an @ sign to a name. It may be a practiced in some internet forums, however, it is impersonal. Just addressing by name is much preferred.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for clearing that up....i had said uncropped as it is very slightly cropped;
    regardless, as you can see, the background had not been blurred in photoshop (my main point of posting the original image)...

Thread Information