ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Siesta time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Siesta time

Saw this queen of Ranthambore in the afternoon while resting in a pool.
    Shooting mode-P , TV-1/250,AV-6.3,ISO-3200,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely eye contact. Good details and sharpness. I would have liked some more space at the top to include the ear tips. Is this full frame? Which camera and lens were you using? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera is Canon 7D , Lens 150-500mm Sigma, this is full frame.
    Yes, the original RAW image is much sharper , unfortunately uploading has limitations on maximum size of file.
    What do you think on ISO 3200 for this image? Do you think a less ISO could have worked well without compromising the sharpness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was the focal length? If you were already at 150mm, then moving the camera a bit up would have helped to get the tip of the ear and less of the stone at the bottom. If you had a stable support or if you were using a tripod, then lesser ISO and shutter speed would have been fine. With proper hand holding techniques also you can get sharp images with lesser shutter speed. Which software are you using to process your images?
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Focal length is 500mm and I was hand holding the camera in jeep.
    I'm using the same software which came with Canon 7D(Digital photo professional and ZoomBrowser EX) , can you recommend any good software which I should use or any other software which I should look into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

ISO 3200 seems fine on a hand held mode, for even at 1/250 on TV mode, the aperture was minimal for the 150-500 (6.3). If you probably had a bean bag or a tripod support, then it makes sense to go lower on the ISO.

Agree with Mrudul on the space on top, but loved the direct stare into the lens. Were you at the outer end of the 500 or somewhere in between ? The reason i ask is, i do have this lens (150-500) and in low light conditions, the lens tends to make softer images at the outer ranges (nearing 500).

Zoom Browser is a decent PP tool, but no match for others like Lightroom or Photoshop. However, whatever the software, it is more to get the image size optimized for the web and some basic enhancements like contrast, sharpness etc, rather than really improving the quality of the image. A well composed, ideally shot picture stands out against the digitally perfected / doctored one.

Thanks for sharing this lovely photo of a majestic stare.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Vipin,
    The DPP which came with your camera is good and it is free.

You need to stop down by atleast a stop to get sharper images with that lens.

A bit wider would strengthen the composition. When the body part gets cut off, it appears that the composition is by accident and not by design. So even though it is tempting to get a closeup, one needs to be careful about the frame edges and see if anything is cut off.

This looks like a cement waterhole? Is that the reason why you did such a tight composition?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sabysachi,

Your comments and suggestions are always helpful.
    Tigress is sitting in the natural spring , it's only I tried getting the close up shot in this particular case or you can say I've a passion for close up shots, though I'm posting(with this reply) a zoom out shot also from the same trip and same place of same tigress..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Vipin,

If you are posting a second image, please post in a separate thread as not many people would recheck this thread again, so it is better to make a new thread for a new image.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it is in context with same thread and in reply to Sabysachi comment hence the image uploaded in same thread.
    BUT nevertheless point is taken and shall be followed in future replies.

Thread Information