ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Indian Thick-knee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Indian Thick-knee

Saw this well camouflaged Thick-knee in my last rip to Bandhavagarh in Dec-12.It is mainly nocturnal or crepuscular like other stone-curlews, but can frequently be seen foraging during the day, moving slowly and deliberately, with occasional short runs. It tends to be wary and flies off into the distance ahead of the observer, employing powerful, rather stiff wing beats.
    Canon 1000D , Sigma 150-500mm , f/5.6 , 1/250 , ISO 1600.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice close-up and good eye contact. Is this full frame? Slight more space at the bottom to include the feet would have been good. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrudul , actually feet were inside the dry leafs around and I was more inclined to take the close up of eyes.
    However I do agree with you that a slight more space at the bottom would have enhanced the entire shot. Thanks for suggestions. I look fwd for more suggestions and advise on future post.
    I must say that Sabyasachi and teammates has done an excellent job creating such a beautiful site to provide a platform for people like us not only to show our work but to improve upon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Human mind always looks to connect. In psychology they call it closure effect. For eg. if a job is pending, then you get tensed. Human mind wants to complete the circle, join the dots. Some people have the closure effect more than others, so get more tensed about pending work etc.

So it is quiet natural for us to look for the missing legs in the image. Even though the legs are hidden behind vegetation, our mind will not be satisfied till it sees proportional amount of space for the missing parts of the body.

The colour temperature is high and the image looks yellow. You can correct that during processing. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information