User Tag List

Thread: Sariska

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sariska

Dear All,

Bring to your kind notice that Sariska tiger reserve in Alwar district is now coming up fast on international map for tigers.
    Since it is very near to my native place and hence my visits are very frequent , though currently it has only nine tigers under its belt but soon some more are expected to be trans located.

I had visited Sariska in May-13 , though I could not sighted tiger in this visit however it looks like Sariska is now reviving its good old reputation. Its being one of the biggest tigers reserve , as big as three time from Ranthambore and Bandhavgarh has plenty of space to offer to big cats of India.
    Easily approachable within three to four hours from Jaipur and Delhi , this place has a great future and lot to offer in future to wild-life enthusiast , naturalist of India.
    A place to look for in near future and a great destination surrounded by Aravali hills with an excellent habitat for Tigers.

With lots of male dominant tigers in Ranthambore and in Bandhavgarh fighting and injuring each other in territorial fight , it will be good If some of them can be transferred to Sariska.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vipin Sharma View Post
    A place to look for in near future and a great destination surrounded by Aravali hills with an excellent habitat for Tigers.
    Dear Vipin and others. Choosing between Bharatpur and Sariska for a short trip for nature and wildlife photography next week. I have been to Bharatpur many times and am familiar with the arrangements, but never to Sariska. I understand one has to reserve the gypsy or canter online. Are the Gypsys OK for photography. Apart from the tiger, which I know will be impossible to spot in a short trip, how is the other fauna. Is it possible to hire a hide as I saw in one of the websites?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Gautam,

Sariska is upcoming destination , you can either book on-line http://www.rajasthanwildlife.in/ or can take tkts from window. Park currently has only nine tigers out of which B1 & B2 has territory which is not reachable by jeep , ST2 is with cub and hence movement is pretty much limited. ST4 and ST6 are normally sighted by tourist but now a days sighting is very difficult due to dense forest and heavy rains.
    Jeep is the best option for Sariska , they have stopped hide facility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vipin Sharma View Post
    Dear Gautam,

Sariska is upcoming destination , you can either book on-line http://www.rajasthanwildlife.in/ or can take tkts from window. Park currently has only nine tigers out of which B1 & B2 has territory which is ,not reachable by jeep , ST2 is with cub and hence movement is pretty much limited. ST4 and ST6 are normally sighted by tourist but now a days sighting is very difficult due to dense forest and heavy rains.
    Jeep is the best option for Sariska , they have stopped hide facility.
    Thank you Vipin for this very insightful and helpful comments. While tiger spotting is very exciting, I do understand it is very unlikely. I would be happy if I can get some nice images of the fauna and flora os Sariska. I understand one cannot take own vehicle and only option is to buy a ticket on the Gypsy shared by others. My worry is if other pax are not keen wildlife watchers or photographers they may wish to move on while I would like to wait for an interesting behaviour.
    Any suggested places to stay close to the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Gautam,
    You can easily get independent jeep for yourself since only few people visits to Sariska moreover jeep safari in Sariska is pretty economical unlike Ranthambore and Bandhavgarh.
    Request to have independent jeep for yourself , and they will be happy to full fill your request.
    Sariska palace is the right place to stay since it is right opposite to the tkt window and hardly a kilometer from park main gate. It is difficult to comment on quality of accommodation since I never ever had a chance to stay with any resort in Sariska since Alwar is my home town and I prefer to travel by road to reach at the gate before safari.

Thread Information