Default Black Buck - under the spell of green

Nikon P510, 1/320, F5.9, 180 mm, ISO-400, hand held
    Shot in Bidar
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The blackbuck stands tall in the habitat. Nice spiral horns. Some bucks in South may not have rich black colour, I have read. This one may be such a specimen. Wish the image was a bit more sharp. It happens.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 01-10-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful depiction of the environment and the buck. The softness may be due to hand holding at low shutter speeds. There also seems a small tilt in the picture which can be corrected in PP.

Brilliant pose and the heading is apt - looks like it is in a trance. A little more space to the right and less behind the buck would enhance the composition

Thanks for sharing

Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice image. However, I feel that a slightly off center composition with lesser space to the left and also lesser space at the bottom might be more effective. Considering that adding more space at the top might require including sky as an element and provided you wanted to avoid doing that, you could have gone for even a slightly pano-ish crop like this one? Just an idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bhargava

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks Sakti da, Ranjan and Bharagav, for the feedback. I learned abt the off center composition after joining this forum and tried for the first time last weekend when I shot this image. I am still little tentative abt how much off center should i go for. Next time, will try more.
    This was an undulating landscape with a hill slope in the far background; hence I could not detect tilt, though I am prone to do it due to handholding and desire for lower angle possible from within the car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subash..regarding your query on how much off centre you need to go, read abt the rule of thirds. Lovely image btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agree with the previous comments and the repost. For Rule of thirds check this: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357

The repost also results in more space at the right ie. in the direction the animal is looking/moving and less behind it. That automatically makes the image more dynamic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks Deepak, Sabyasachi; I got the point and have made a note of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Dear Bhargava, Sabyasachi; I got the point regarding rule of thirds. I noticed that our eyes naturally focus at those points, though with my P510 it will a challenge to compose at exactly 1/3 given it does not have any preset AF points at these points.
    Now coming to foreground, I included more of the foreground as I wanted to depict the grassland and buck in midst of it . Also the default aspect ratio in my camera is 4:3 should I change it to 3:2.

Thread Information