ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: DEAD sitana ponticeriana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DEAD sitana ponticeriana

wildlife photography, especially in reptiles and amphibians is very interesting and I respect those people who photograph or work in wildlife without disturbing animals, but some over exited persons are doing really horrible things by collecting reptiles and amphibians and keeping them in captivity may be for study reason but known species work has all ready done and published, there is no need to keep those animals in captivity, all reptiles and amphibians have evolved as part of an ecosystem and are vital to the overall health of the ecosystem. They are best left alone or observed in their natural habitat. Collecting reptiles and amphibians from the wild can lead to habitat destruction, stress to the animal, the mixing of otherwise genetically isolated populations and the spread of diseases. Larger individuals of some species are often extremely important in the local ecology and their removal can throw ecosystems out of balance. Snakes and amphibians are not to keep in Captive, after some day’s these animals are going in stress and leave there food the result will death of the animal so please do not pick the wild animals from there natural habitat
    we have seen some excited people came to Satara and collected 15 sitana ponticeriana (8 male and 7 females) 8 specimens of Hemidactylus satarensis its horrible…..some people are organizing photo tours to this place to earn money and are totally careless people and insensitive towards wildlife . these people only care about getting good images and lots of comments on Facebook. I am having some shocking record images of 3 dead sitanas which might have been killed under foot stamping by some excited photographers..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If true...there cant be anything more disgusting than killing a subject to get a good photograph. on a side note do fan throated lizards play dead when threatened?? could this be such a case? im finding it difficult to believe people (supposed wildlife photographers) do stuff like this....
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roopak Gangadharan View Post
    If true...there cant be anything more disgusting than killing a subject to get a good photograph. on a side note do fan throated lizards play dead when threatened?? could this be such a case? im finding it difficult to believe people (supposed wildlife photographers) do stuff like this....
    TFS
    Roopak

its true and sad thing to happen

Thread Information