Aperture: 5.6
    ISO/Film: 800
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uday,
    The pose is nice. The composition would have been stronger if there was more space on the left ie. in the direction the tiger is looking and less on the right.

The image looks soft. It can either be due to the subject movement ie. the tiger got up and the shutter speed of 1/160 was not high enough. Also, you need to check the point of focus. Your image appear to be a crop and focus seems to be locked ahead of the tiger. You can check that in your original image. Where was this image clicked? Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Uday,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Nice sighting of the tigress on the road in the open. The pose and the eye contact is good. Agree with Sabyasachi about the softness. Where was this photographed? Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pose indeed , agree with Sabyasachi , slightly higher shutter speed would have give you the sharper image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Vipin,Sabyasachi, agree with you guys. A higher shutter speed, may be more than the focal length could have made the image more sharper. This was taken at Bannerghatta National Park. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uday,
    Bannerghatta despite its name as a National Park is a tiger safari/lion safari and is a zoo. Not a real wild condition and against the rules which is mentioned at the top of the Mammals section "This forum is meant to post, critique Images of all mammals, wild and free, that are not restrained in any manner. Images should be from the Indian subcontinent and should not be taken in captivity or under controlled conditions."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all! Glad to be here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uday. Glad you like wild animals but believe me in close places like a zoo or a tiger safari in a park or any other enclosure, their behaviour completely changes. They become aggressive or are dull.. they lose their character. In a natural habitat where they belong they are wild and at their best. Nature is the best preacher and teacher I should say. We were attacked by a lion in a lion park in South Africa. My wife is still scared of the instance. How can we blame the lion? The lion just got curious and wanted to gnaw at the rear view mirror, he started trotting towards the car without warning and started his chewing on the rear view mirror without any fear. This can never happen in a natural setting. Even if the lion is thretened it would give out a growl as a warning before it would attack. Animals in the wild if they feel threatened give out a mock charge before charging really. I will encourage you to try photographing wild tigers or other animals in the wild. Its a such a big thrill trying to track them in the first place! All the best!

Thread Information