ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve Under Threat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve Under Threat

The Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve (Maharashtra), located close to Kanha and Bandhavgarh National Parks, is one of the few places in India where the tiger is doing well (as you may well be aware), along with countless other species.
    However, The forests in this reserve are currently threatened by a coal mining project under a certain M/S Adani Power Ltd. The media has reported about allocation of a lease for this company to extract coal from the Lohara-Junona reserve forests, adjacent to Tadoba-Andhari. Chances are that if the project starts, it could ultimately lead to destruction of the Tadoba-Andhari forests as well. What's more, this is happening even though it has been confirmed that alternate sites outside these forest tracts are also abundant in coal.
    Visit the link below for more details on this topic. The page also features an online petition concerning the same.

http://www.savetadoba.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update, have placed a notice on my blog.

Apana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abhishek,

When you sign the petition you get an email asking you to confirm your signature. This, as happened with me, will go straight into the Spam folder. You need to tell people about this and that they need to check their spam folder carefully.

Apana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abhishek,
    We had earlier discussed on this topic.
    http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32

However, I haven't kept track of this issue. Let me try to find out the status. I had seen this site earlier, and the information there is sketchy.

I am not a great fan of e-petitions. It is easy for people to sign in. However, the impact is far greater if individuals take care to write an email to the concerned authorities. And the best impact, is when individuals take the content of the text, and use their own words to shoot an email to the concerned authorities. In this case, it is better to write to the Hon'ble Minister for Environment and Forests and the Hon'ble PM of India.

However, I too signed the petition, but there is some issue. I haven't got the confirmatory email, neither in the inbox or the spam box.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Apana : Nothing of the sort happened when I signed...
    Sabyasachi : I know e-petitions don't usually work. No harm trying however. If you have time to send a detailed, email, nothing like it. I had once sent a letter to the president (Dr. Kalam) about some problems Bharatpur was facing at the time (this was when i was in school). I got a reply from his secretary saying it had been forwarded to the Rajasthan Govt., but nothing happened after that...
    Last edited by Abhishek Jamalabad; 11-07-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information