ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigress from Bandhavgarh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Tigress from Bandhavgarh

This was a memorable sighting with this graceful feline lasting for a long time. Canon 1D Mark IV, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/250, full frame image. I will later post a black and white version. Scientific name: Panthera tigris tigris.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice one sir....seeing an image from you after a long time.Some more space at the bottom wud been great. Is this from your archives or did u find time to visit B' garh recently? .

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Lovely image. Large specimen.
    I was looking at one of my photographs taken in May 1984. The tigress was equally large. It came to my mind that the gene' pool of Bandhavgrh........Charger, B2, Sashi, Bokha..........is very rich. The Bandhavgarh Male has rejuvenated Panna. While a thin corridor between Kanha and Pench somehow exists; Bandhavgarh being smaller, needs a corridor with others parks.
    Thanks for sharing.
    SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is from my archives. Unfortunately, I have lot of images unprocessed. While shifting from windows to Mac and transferring images from smaller harddisks to a bigger 4TB one resulted in a messed up lightroom folder. Am slowly trying to correct that. These days most of the times I am filming. Nevertheless I am not leaving photographing stills. You will see me shooting in a different style next year.

I agree with Shaktipadaji that Bandhavgarh needs a corridor. Hopefully a corridor can be recreated between Bandhavgarh and Kanha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Correction [Third line]: My Posting at 10.53 A.M earlier today (28-11-13).

The Bandhavgarh Female has rejuvenated Panna with four cubs each in two litters Total : eight cubs of which six survived as reported. [Not 'Male'].
    I sincerely regret for the 'error' in the earlier posting. All other observations remain unchanged.SaktiWild

Thread Information