User Tag List

Thread: My 1st brush with Black Bucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My 1st brush with Black Bucks

This is my first post here...

Recently went to Jayamangali and tried to click this beautiful antelope...

This is first time I went to capture them and also I can say my start to any kind of wild-life capture in their conservation or forest area..

It was a beautiful experience, as we reached quite late around 11am so had to wait till 4 pm, to be able to sight them as they have went for grazing. Moreover when the forest guard saw 3 bikers they decided shooing away us is the best bet..

Around 3pm, we felt dejected and decided lets start for Bangalore back, but their was a sudden off-road and we decided lets take that. And just after 200-300 mts only we sighted a male blackbuck. Time to let the camera now come out of the bag and start clicking, after some time we saw a herd and clicked plenty..

My 1st experience and the major thing I learnt that when you are in wild have patience..here are some of the images...

Will provide more snaps later on.. please provide comments, suggestions
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 06-12-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: removed other images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome to India Wilds !Lovely environmental image of the elusive Black Buck .You could help us to critique better by posting your equipment details .Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome aboard . Nice first post. Nice pose from the antelope and the habitat inclusion looks good too. Patience is a virtue, and wildlife watching/photography is probably the best example to justify it!
    Please provide the equipment details and the EXIF values (shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc.) as well as your processing/editing workflow if any. This information helps others provide a better critique and offer suggestions as to how the image could have been made better. Posting each image in a separate thread is also a rule, for the same reasons.

Thanks, look forward to more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Hearty Welcome. Good first posting. Thanks for sharing.
    SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 07-12-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abhishek,
    Please check the photo uploading instructions: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/sho...ns-for-Members

You need to upload the photo by clicking on the clip sign. Pasting the image hosted in other sites results in no thumbnail generation. Also, some members face difficulty in viewing the image.

Good to see this image from Jayamangali. How is the place now? I think I have to dig out my images clicked there several years back, as I still haven't processed those.

You need to post the equipment details i.e camera, lens, aperture, shutter speed, iso and the amount of crop, processing etc so that we can critique better and offer better suggestions.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Nice sighting of this male blackbuck. Good you got it looking towards you. Nice display of the habitat. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot Shyamala, Abhishek, Saktipada, Sabyasachi and Mrudul

Will go through the guidelines and will follow the forum rules and the EXIF detail I have tried editing my 1st post couldnt do so here is it -
    Camera - 550d
    Clicked at 400mm of 100-400mm Canon(Rented from Toehold)
    F-7.1
    ISO-100
    Shutter-1/800.
    CS6 used for contrast increase.

Sabyasachi, the place condition is not at all good, their habitat is destroying, tractors run the place. Except the purple rumped sunbird wasn't able to sight much birds also..

Thread Information