ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: The Swamplands of Kanha--Barasingha--The Swamp deer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Swamplands of Kanha--Barasingha--The Swamp deer

Late nov evening 2013 towards the end of their feeding time.Some of the Barasinghas are leaving the swamp in the background.Canon60D+100-400MM 1/80S ISO800 f/7.1 fl100mm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hi shyamala. great view of Kanha, few places where barasinghas can still be found. childhood memories of peddlers selling pieces it's antlers come flashing. Still many old people prescribe it a manna for all aches
    Kanha near to where i grew, and as luck would have it, could never visit it . i get very nostalgic when i see these images.
    you have a tremendous travelling experience. it will help persons like me a lot if you can pen down travelogues. Time does remain a big constraint, but whatever you could share will be of great value to many of us.
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Beautiful landscape of Kanha, having open grassy meadow and hardwood trees in the background, hardground Barasinghas feeding on tender shoots in (possibly) Shrawan Tal of Ramayana.

Having seen all the three Barasinghas of India (different sub-species) as they are locally called; in Kanha, Dachigam and Kaziranga; I found Barasinghas of Kanha permitted closer approach than the other two.

I am happy that Barasinghas have bounced back again, but I am dreaming when Blackbuck will again roam free in Kanha side by side. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see this scape. wud been great if the one closer to you was lit up as well.... I agree with Subhash you should start contributing on the wilderness updates section. Would be great if u can start with Bor.......

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful scene here. I am sure you would have pondered where to post this, landscape or mammals . The habitat is nicely shown here. Brings back memories of Kanha, the last time I visited Kanha was 9 yrs back. I was just thinking, how blessed are you and many others who get to travel and see so many beautiful forests of our country so frequently. On a lighter note, I also wonder where do they get so much money to do it all the time .

+1 with Subhash and Roopak, you should start sharing your experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Subhash,Saktipadaji, Roopak,and Murugan for the appreciation and recommendations.I will start making contributions to the wilderness update section as soon as I can get my thought process into some coherent order.Well Murugan isn't money meant to be used for what gives one the greatest happiness?I am really blessed that my husband though he does not share the same passion for wild lfe atleast understands mine.and gamely bears all the discomfort and trying conditions invoved in visiting these places together with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Murugan Anantharaman;66124].... I was just thinking, how blessed are you and many others who get to travel and see so many beautiful forests of our country so frequently. On a lighter note, I also wonder where do they get so much money to do it all the time ]

Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, wrote on February 20,1964 in the Foreword of the book titled 'The Wild Life of India' authored by E.P.Gee :

"Wild life? That is how we refer to the magnificent animals of our jungles and to the beautiful birds that brighten our lives. I wonder sometimes what these animals and birds think of man and how they would describe him if they had the capacity to do so. I rather doubt if their description would be very complimentary to man. ........"

How much pains it might have caused to Madam Shyamala who has been so enthusiastically making significant contribution to the forum and I share her pains.

Madam Shyamala, Kindly read the eternal words of Nehru, the gentle colossus and all your sadness will evaporate. Please continue your intellectual pursuit which will give you all the happiness.

Murugan Bhai, On lighter vein sometimes all of us make some comments which may cause umbrage to others, we may avoid them.
    SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 18-12-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My profound apologies Shyamalaji. I really didn't mean to cause you any pain by my statement, really meant no offence. Sorry if I sounded that way.

Saktida: Thanks for pointing this out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Saktipadaji really no offence has been taken.I am actually very very grateful for having this platform of like minded people from which to voice my love for our wilderness.The support and appreciation of yourself and everybody who takes the trouble to review the images I post is very precious to me.I am indeed extremely grateful for your sensitivity in this matter.I have taken Murugans comment in the spirit it was intended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ma'am, i chanced upon this forum while searching for location of black bucks in Bidar, which i could not find after 2 years of trying. i saw BBs photos by you and requested you, those couple of lines by you helped me to find the place that i was dreaming abt for a long time.
    then me and my wife went through your intro page, and we were sitting silently side by side, as what we were seeing on the screen, is what we both dream to be. You are a source of inspiration to us, (we have our share of difficulties which I feel is more than normal, and in that my wife had to adjust for my madness abt wildlife)
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Subhash I am so glad that I could be a sense of inspiration to you .I understand your wifes feelings because I am sure it must be something akin to what my husband feels.But the great wonder is that nature given a chance gets under everybodys skin.My husband spent his life in the wilderness of Kashmir.,Arunachal Pradesh ,Assam in the service of his country.He looked at forests in a totally different perspective.His attitude has now changed.He now feels the fascination of sighting the tiger in the wild and is faster than I am in identifying an unknown bird.So I am sure your wife will become a greater nature enthusiast than you .Regards and all the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How beautiful! One can just sit there and watch. These kind of images can actually help us in experiencing the place and I hope many people can get inspired. On another note, In my childhood days I used to try to paint with water colours hoping to create a nice scenery. Unfortunately there was a huge gulf between my minds eye and my drawings and paintings. Since then I have a mortal fear of the word "artist".

Life is all about change.. change for the better. Growing up is all about learning and becoming better. We learn though various means...by reading, by experiencing directly as well by observing others. There is a lot to learn from our each other here as well as from watching our wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Saktipada Panigrahi View Post

Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, wrote on February 20,1964 in the Foreword of the book titled 'The Wild Life of India' authored by E.P.Gee :

"Wild life? That is how we refer to the magnificent animals of our jungles and to the beautiful birds that brighten our lives. I wonder sometimes what these animals and birds think of man and how they would describe him if they had the capacity to do so. I rather doubt if their description would be very complimentary to man. ........"

SaktiWild
    Pandit Nehru didn't have the misfortune of watching tourists howling from open gypsies in our premier National Parks. Still he thought that the views of wildlife towards us may not be complementary towards humans. May be because of our thoughtlessness we cause immense harm to our ecosystem as well as to other species and our wildlife understand it. The status of women in animal societies is higher than the status of women in human societies. How inferior we are!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Sabyasachi.Indeed the human species positions itself on the top of the pyramid, kills for fun and profit , destroys and dirties the very environment which sustains it,and endorses a blatant system of patriarchy which seems to be against all the laws of nature.It will not be long before nature strikes back.

Thread Information