ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tiger/Kabini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tiger/Kabini

We enter the forest gate at 4pm and in about 5 mins your vehicle breaks down, how does one react? This can be very frustrating, annoying since one does wait for few hours post lunch to get into the forest ASAP to spot animals, especially everyone is keen to see a tiger or a leopard. And I had a bunch of youngsters who traveled all the way from Mumbai.
    However the reaction in my vehicle was “Thank God”, Wow! That’s great! and so on. Everyone seemed smiling and happy to be seated in the broken down vehicle as long as possible. Wondering why? A huge male tiger was right in front of us probably about 20-25 meters, but he was fast asleep. Our driver had no choice but to open the bonnet to check the problem, he tried hard but couldn’t fix it. The tiger despite our driver making so much noise during his attempt to fix the jeep never woke up; probably he had a heavy meal and continued to sleep.
    The driver then informed the JLR camp and we heard that the mechanic will be here in about 20-25 mins, in the meantime I could see some movement in the tiger especially the tail swirling to shoo away the flies and I sensed that it was time for him to wake up. Then there was no stopping on our shutters, the tiger woke up and it was amazing to capture all the possible natural behavior like yawing, growling, licking paws and so on…
    In the meantime the breakdown service vehicle arrived and our jeep was fixed in no time, the mechanics too seemed very excited to see the tiger. No wonder Tigers are God’s most beautiful creation on Earth.

Camera - Canon 5D Mark III, Canon f4 500mm lens
    EXIF - ISO 800 Av 4 Tv 1/200 sec EC +0.3, cropped
    Location - Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Nagarahole, Kabini
    January 2014
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image of the healthy male in its prime. Still looks 'sleepy'. Why a male would not sleep more when it has no responsibility of raising the family! Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great capture. I can well imagine the situation you were in. Thanks for sharing. Cheers Debasis Bose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice, well framed praveen.
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent image Praveenji. Seems to be a teaser before I visit in Feb. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. Good eye contact. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good to see that there was a clearing and the tiger's face is clearly visible. Miss the forests of south so much. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information