ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Alarm Call

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Alarm Call

Similipal Tiger Reserve - this alarm call was recorded at around 12 in the night, so there is silence between the calls. I love to remain awake in the night to feel the jungle. Recorded with Sennheiser MKH 416 microphone and Sound Devices 702T recorder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Super clarity on this one sir. Sambar alarm call can be quiet a stunner at close quarters.

I guess i just have to listen to this on those maddening days at work... just close my eyes and listen to this, I do that very often, to make the day better inspite of the air conditioned fumes and all of corporate madness. momentary transportation..

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree that one will get stunned when the Sambar calls at close quarters. Several years back one of our friends who had never visited a jungle before was spending some time with us in the jungle. There was an alarm call in the night from about 30 feet away from the place were were sitting and chatting and he virtually fell down from the chair.

In our childhood days we used to read and imagine with the help of the rich and lucid descriptions by Jim Corbett. Without such a flair for writing, I think we lesser mortals can take the help of actual sound recordings to give people a nice experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Explosive ' dhank!'......' dhank '.........never to be mistaken. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Thread Information