ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Kamarpatta Tiger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kamarpatta Tiger

Nikon D700, Nikor 300 f2.8, 300@f5.6, 1/250s, ISO 640.

Tracking this tiger was exciting. While driving through the kamarpatta road towards motasal at the junction where the road from bicchu bhauji fireline towards paterpani intersects, we heard alarm bell of sambar from the direction somewhat towards motosal. We switched off the gypsy engine and waited eagerly. After few minutes a kakar stared barking continuously on the far side of the slope towards motasal. The tiger was on move. The tiger had three paths to choose, one up hill, being winter months and time about 4.15 pm, the chances of moving up was remote. So now we were left with two options, he may either cross the path around motasal or he may go downhill and cross thandi sadak and enter dhikala chaur, chances of returning was remote as the tiger was on move. Without waiting any more time we hurried towards motasal and in case we missed him at motasal due to tiger changing his path towards thandi sadak, we can easily make that extra kilometer in 3 minutes. Generally, thandi sadak is home to langurs, chital and sambar alongwith junglefowls, they will definitely alert us in time.

We reached motasal slope in time, when the macaque started giving the alarm call. The monkeys were now visible and one look at them gave us the position where the tiger was, as they all were looking towards the direction of elephant grass. The driver and the guide very well know the beat roads / batias of the forests, they positioned the gypsy few meters from the batia from where the tiger was expected to cross.

Within minutes we could see the huge striped majesty leisurely walking towards the vehicle path through the batia. I positioned my camera and pressed the shutter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nice build up of the scene.... almost like being there.... Is this full frame? wud like to see a wider compo including the tiger in full if any or cropped close to the grass near the shoulder.
    TFS
    Roopak

Rahara, Uttarpara, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful image this is..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Roopak, it is a full frame with slight crop. I am attaching the actual shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely image of the tiger coming out of the tall grass. The expression is lovely and commanding. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice composition. Pattern of tiger's coat blending with elephant grass is a treat to watch. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice sighting. The eye contact is nice. It is always nice to see the apex predator. The image appears to be a bit soft. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information