ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: A flock of BH geese in its winter’s abode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default A flock of BH geese in its winter’s abode

Nikon P510, 1/1000, F4.9, 98 mm, ISO-100, hand held. 10% cropped to remove the sky
    Clicked in Zaheerabad at AP-KA border.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely image.Get the feeling of of rain.Is it raining?.I think that the image needs straightening.Crop the image after straightening.Thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see such a big flock of bar headed geese. Agree with Shyamala, there seems to be some tilt, you can correct in post processing. Was a lower angle possible? The foggy winter habitat looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi Shyamala and Mrudul, thanks for your appreciation and feedback. the image was clicked on 01-Mar, the 1st day of recent unseasonal rains in this part. it had rained in the morning, there was no rain when I clicked but it was overcast and misty. I had experimented with fast SS, 1/1000 is pretty near the limit in my camera, the graininess may be due to this combined with PP sharpening.
    I am really sorry about the tilt, I did correct it to some extent in PP but I was quite tentative and didn’t do it to the required level.
    Mrudul, I should have aimed for a lower angle but could not lie down due to soft ground. This was a rare opportunity with so many BH geese at close range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seeing some interesting birding locations from you subash.. pls continue the good work. It important to have these few remaining bastions of our wildlife to be documented and protected to the extent we can...we have members in ever corner of the country wish they will take up this task as you have and help create an invaluable repository of knowledge, data and awareness which will help in pre-emptive action against exploitation and plundering of such remote and unprotected wilderness areas.

TFS
    Roopak

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Agree with Roopak. Most of these places would be gone if we don't document it. I was reading in the papers that the land given to Adani's are wastelands. Public memory is short. They have forgotten that the Adani's have been accused of systematically dumping mud and debris to stop the water and kill the mangroves and wetlands. There is no end to human greed. So it is important to document these places.

Thread Information