contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: My first Tiger sighting and pic in the wild!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default My first Tiger sighting and pic in the wild!

Yes finally it happened for me.....Sighting a tiger in the wild!It happened in Bandipur today morning.Posting this pic at indiawilds first.I always dreamed of doing this!This huge guy was relaxing with half his body in water and stayed there for more than 10 minutes..........Then he urinated(Full draining not scent marking!)....Walked off....Its a wonderful experience seeing a wild tiger.Hope to see more...

Canon 400D,55-250IS,ISO 400,1/125,f5.6,slight crop,tripod
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your first tiger sighting. It is always a memorable moment :-). Nice head turn and eye contact. Instead of cropping, I would have preferred some more space on the left. Seems there was some shake was the jeep engine on, or people moving? Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more tigers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats, the first is always a special one. Agree with Mrudul on the shake - either the jeep or the excitement. Lovely eye contact. Good luck for more.

regards
    Rajan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Congratulations on your first sighting!

It will always remain on your memory for a long time. For first image of tiger, you should ideally post the full frame image, how ever it is, so that you remember it well. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to know that your dream has come true shankar sab...so did you scream out Naree, Naree to the absolute shock of the others in the Jeep on what you are referring too.....Congrats anyways

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice stare. I am very very pleased, Sankar Bhai. There will be no end hereafter. It took 5 years for me during early seventies to see the first tiger in the wild. Tigers were very much nocturnal in those days. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the comments.....Roopakji I was absolutely silent and went on clicking.There have been moments when I didn't do any thing.I was just watching the guy cool off.....Even if I had shouted it would have been understood(or misunderstood!) by my wife and son only.The other people in the jeep were from Goa!......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roopak Gangadharan View Post
    Nice to know that your dream has come true shankar sab...so did you scream out Naree, Naree to the absolute shock of the others in the Jeep on what you are referring too.....Congrats anyways

TFS
    Roopak
    Roopak,
    Thanks for reminding the naree story. I had forgotten. Just to remind, sharing the link again http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/sho...Cat-(Kelaarti)

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information