User Tag List

Thread: Indian Fox in it's den - Rollapadu WLS, Kurnool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Indian Fox in it's den - Rollapadu WLS, Kurnool

Nikon P510, 1/250, F5.9, 288 mm, ISO-400, full frame
    Clicked in Rollapadu WLS, Kurnool , on 23-Mar-14. This was a female and, as told by FD person, must have been feeding the pups before leaving the den for search of food. The lighting was very difficult and harsh and I was not able to lock the focus properly, though fox and us keep on looking at each other for more than 15 mins.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice picture of the Fox in its habitat. The surroundings look nice. Light does seem harsh. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thats a lovely sighting. Because the den is dark, the ray of light has led to overexposure of the rocks. Lowering the colour temperature during processing will be of help. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice expression captured. From 'The tiger smiles' to 'The fox smiles', we have traversed a long way in six decades. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice. Good to see this from rollapadu ...agree with comments above.

Tfs
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely sighting of a female fox in a den and that too for 15 mins. I remember chasing a fox in GRK for around an hour and managing to only getting one or two images . Nice eye contact and love the long ears. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi Murugan, Sabya, Saktida, Roopak and Mrudul; thanks for sharing the feedback and your views, as I had said earlier this is a critical motivation for me when my mind starts asking pragmatic questions.
    This was was my second day visit to Rollapadu alone. I had visited with wife and kid on the earlier day and were able to find out these dens but foxes scooted away without giving much chance :-). I had stayed in Doranala about 110 kms from Rollapadu. The sighting of three foxes with pups and a pair of male wolves made whole trip worthwhile.
    Else, being witness to unprecedented fires in Nallamalla hills was nothing less than a nightmare. I fail to believe that the fires were natural. Whole Nallamala range from Munnanur to Tirupati, some more than 200kms in length, has been burning for weeks when we were there in March-14. Only local Telugu channel seems to cover the news.
    And to think of the distruction being done in the middle of the NSTR around Srisailam. what the use of godliness when it results in distruction of habitat for some many living beings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the shot here , an excellent tip from Sabyasachi for such image where you can't have control over surrounding and which may lead to overexposing of few things around. This is a beauty of this forum , you learn while you post your work.TFS

Thread Information