ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Featured in the New Indian Express

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Featured in the New Indian Express

I am a bit happy as well as embarrassed to share this. I have been featured in the New Indian Express. I am happy because they chose to feature someone who is into wildlife. Hopefully public opinion over time becomes positive towards wildlife. Am a bit embarrassed because a very personal incident which I had shared has crept into the report. Also, this is the second time within two weeks that I am sharing news about being featured (the previous one being featured in Caolyn Hennesy radio show http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/sho...UBN-radio-show).

Though I have uploaded the screen shot, to read it properly one may need to click on this link: http://www.newindianexpress.com/educ...cle2303487.ece

Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 01-07-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations..!! . A nice article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice to read the beautiful article with a word of praise on a shy man, Shri Sabyasachi. While at work he is close on substance, aloof to the outside world. In his ceaseless persuasion for changing the human mindset towards preservation and conservation, I wish him all the best.
    -SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to see and read this sir. Yet to listen to your interview as am not able to download it for some reason...when is the Last Stand likely to come out??

Rgds
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations!! very nice article, you deserve all the kudos. Keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Shaktipadaji for those lovely words. May God give all of us strength to bring about change for the better.

Thanks Roopak. I am told that a few other people too found it difficult to download the file as it is a 1 hour programme. Try playing it there in their site. It may take some time to buffer if your connection is slow.

As far as the film "Leopards: The Last Stand" is concerned, it will be completed next year. I had to take a break from shooting it for a few months because Mrudul had badly broken her right hand which required surgery and she was out of action for sometime and then I had to attend to some commercial filming commitments (I am not a rich guy by any stretch of imagination ). Will again restart shooting in newer geographies ie in different states. Doing some research now to get more information about leopard activity in different states as I am trying to make it comprehensive, so facing a big challenge. I am hoping to do a good job that can satisfy me. The plan is to finish it next year.

Thanks Sameer for your kind words.

PS: By the way the photo that you see in the article was clicked by Mrudul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice article..... also its nice to know more about you which otherwise is impossible unless personal meet some day. But out of curiocity my personal request .... What was that perticular moment, made you finalise your decision to persue your hobby full time??... All the very best for your future endevor...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Prasad,
    Its is a combination of events. It is an intensely personal thing, nevertheless I am sharing it here. When I saw my dad in death bed due to improper medication, I saw a tear in his eye. Though it was a personally devastating experience, I was face to face with a reality, that we are all mortals. I felt that one day my time will also be up and when that happens I shouldn't have any regrets. Just a few days before that incident there was a photography exhibition where some 30 odd photos of mine were exhibited and it was in the news and electronic media and my dad was also interviewed. I had just joined Nokia at that time and was not there. That was also the last time he was happy because of me. Couple of years later I forced Mrudul to do the indiawilds website. (It was IndiaWilds and not sabyasachipatra.com because, we are all mortals and this shouldn't start and end with me.)

A few years later, I had an structured coaching program where the coach took out everything from me and helped me set up a goal of leaving my corporate career and pursuing my dream.

At the moment I have done only a small fraction of whatever I have dreamt. This is just a start. You can term it as baby steps. Long way to go before we sleep.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information