ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Leopard - C300 - Kabini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Leopard - C300 - Kabini

This was the first leopard sighting of the trip in Kabini. I am sharing a frame grab from my C300. The same leopard as posted http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?14755

As already mentioned it had rained and evening was setting it. At 6.15 pm it was dark and not easy to sight the leopard. I have used ISO 16000 here. Shot at 400mm using the Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM lens. I used a photography tripod (Gitzo GT3530 LSV) so got steady shots. As expected the noise is obviously much better than the Mark IV. So even when people pray for light, I pray for a leopard sighting.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any Leopard sighting is indeed exhilarating.Lovely capture inspite of the high ISO.Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wonderful image.One cannot expect anything less from Sabyaji!The rosettes are so clearly visible and the animal seems to be very comfortable with the Canon C 300!

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image. Black spots inside of hind legs look large.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nice framing sir. seems to have found itself a snug palce to rest . the view is unhindered by the leaves in the FG here.
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent image sir , wish there could have been an eye contact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonderful image.... These Very High ISO images are another dreams for me. As of now with available resources I cant think beyond ISO 800 for my images. ... Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prasad Dingankar View Post
    wonderful image.... These Very High ISO images are another dreams for me. As of now with available resources I cant think beyond ISO 800 for my images. ... Thanks for sharing.
    Later on when you will have cameras which can click high ISOs, you will realise that the lessons learn't in getting sharp images while using low iso/low shutter speed will be invaluable. When I started shooting wildlife, the common slide films were of ISO 100. I used to have Velvia films of ISO 50 as well to get fine grains. In digital era we refer grains as noise.

In slide films you can't crop. So the entire effort was on moving close to the animal or waiting for it to come close. Today with long lenses and cameras with high ISO capability, all those experimentations are helping in many ways. It is same as your enemies or strident critiques trying to find fault with you and you in tern trying hard and getting better and better. So even in our life hardships do help in bringing out the best in us. So may be you should feel happy that your camera doesn't give noise free images at 800 iso.

Thread Information