ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Another leopard in Kabini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another leopard in Kabini

This was another sighting which we had on the next day. We sighted it from the main road, but it was bit inside resting on a branch. It was cloudy, so the light was bad and the gypsy was shaking, used a higher ISO and shutter speed. There were already lot of gypsy's so this was the best view we could get.

Comments and critiques welcome.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 100-400mm lens, f5.6, 1/640, ISO1600, full frame image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is a hint of rim light near the face. The image is sharp despite me leaving you very little space and two excited photographers trying to click. I loved the curved branches. By the time we reached this place, there were two other jeeps at a distance with photographers firing away unmindful of the distance. I asked to stop the jeep in this spot, as this position was the closest and the best spot for watching the leopard come down the tree.

I think you shouldn't say that light was bad, because relatively we had much worse light later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice. Looks like a big male. U r lucky that i was not in around kabini that day, else along with bad light and kids in the jeep u wud have got rain hail and thunderstorm.........
    tfs
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Roopak,
    We had lot of rains in Kabini, though not hailstorm. Even found another leopard at a distance in extreme bad light. However the rains in bandipur was a bit more. I guess you brought more rains from Kerala.

On another note, last time when we were in kabini during IndiaWilds meet, we saw elephant calf suckling from its mother. This time when you were there, we saw a gaur calf suckling. May be next time when we are there we will find a leopard cub suckling from mother. I am an optimist and love to dream.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Leopard, leopard everywhere in Kabini. Nice composition. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sir, let us form a new club of super optimisim and wild dreaming .... Melanistic leopard and cub....

Rgds
    Roopak

Thread Information