contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Aerial view of Kadalundi River......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Aerial view of Kadalundi River......

Kadalundi River originates in the slopes of Silent Valley and flows almost entirely along Malapuram district of Kerala for about 130kms.It drains into the Arabian sea near Calicut.

Sony Xperia Ion(Aeroplane mode),f2.4,1/250,ISO50
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyone who sees this image would immediately recognise that this is not a man made canal. The river has choosen it's course based on the natural undulations of the land. It doesn't try to bulldoze and cut a mountain in half like our planners do while creating a canal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice. This kind of course, called a meander, deposits a lot of silt at the bends. The inner sides of the bends, having calmer water and fertile soil, are important breeding grounds for riverine fish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nice and a macro view tells us what it is meant to be and how it was for ages.....except that today it is a hotbed for sandmining and dumping of all sorts of domestic and industrial waste. on its mouth where it drains into the arabian sea once stood one of the best places to see the congregations of waders and winter migrants is now a picnic point for weekend revellers, the sandbars littered with snack and icecream waste where once they used to be similarly dotted with gulls.....but the multitudes from malappuram who would have similarly crowded the plane in which shankar saab was, couldnt care less...... they draw inspiration from the economic sucess of desert nations...to the extent of decorating their artificial lawns with date palms in a land known for its tropical rainforests.
    tfs
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely view. Good that you could observe it through the window and immediately click it. The bends look nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its nice to get comments from the Super stars of Indiawilds for a single post.....Sabyaji,Mrudulji,Roopakji and Abhishekji.Great!

Roopakji for a district (Malapuram) which is so thickly populated the Kadalundi river seem to be still surviving!I think there is a lot of awareness about not littering public places and I believe in the coming years that would only improve.Many rivers in Kerala are still worth taking a plunge as they still have nice "bathable" water!Hope industries will stop pushing waste into the river......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely view.. and nice conversation.. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information