ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: A Call in the Forest--Sambhar Deer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default A Call in the Forest--Sambhar Deer

After quenching its thirst early in the morning, this little herd of Sambhar deer was moving back from the Ram Ganga, through the tall grasslands, when the sudden call of a chital in the forest ahead brought it, to a sudden halt .We too froze in our vehicles, optimistically waiting for the appearance of a predator.Unfortunately nothing transpired, and the herd continued on its way.Canon 60D+100-400mm FL120mm 1/160s ISO 250 f/7.1.Early morning April 2014 Corbett.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In this image their tails are down. Their tail goes up immediately when they are alarmed. And if they are serious then they start stamping their fore leg. When they are not sure, you can see that they stamp the forefoot on the ground in an uncertain way, lacking in conviction. I guess this image was clicked after the initial alarm call. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice display of the habitat. The golden grass looks nice. The herd can be still seen looking in different directions. I have traveled to lot of national parks, but still not been to Corbett . Hope to go there soon. How is the bookings done? You stay in FD guest house? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mridul, there are private tour operators who arrange safaris and stay at the forest rest house at the Dhikala Zone.This is the core area of Corbett although there are other zones too.These operators arrange for your pick up from Ram nagar by jeep and take you to the main entrance gate of Corbett reserve ,from here it is a long 30km drive along forested mountain road to the forest rest house.The jeep and driver stay with you for the duration of your stay.The accompanying guide is also part of the deal.Good vegetarian food is provided at the canteen and this too is also part of the package. The rooms are decent and comfortable and the location on the banks of theRam Ganga is indeed very scenic.The drop back to Ramnagar is also provided.Reaching Ramnagar from Delhi and back is quite tiresome.Contact of one agent-- Kamini --Maya The Resort--,09873034350

Thread Information