ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Leopard Kabini - 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leopard Kabini - 3

This is from the same series I posted earlier. The leopard got up and in a few seconds climbed down and vanished into the jungle. Managed to get this pose when for a moment it was negotiating the jump.

Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 1600, f5.6, 1/160, hand held, full frame

Comments and critiques welcome..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice framing of the photograph while documenting the action. Even eye contact is good. The image is a vivid description of leopard's gateway from Gaur, Tiger and pack of Dhole......all capable of chasing it (except occasionally a dhole may be seized). I now get the full answer why in Kabini the leopards spend much time on trees. And leopards are much less dependent on water.
    It seems to me that this tree is a favourite resting place of the leopard, not the other one; because this one is forked at a convenient height from safety angle as also for carrying and preserving the kill. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice pic Mrudulji.....Hats off (even though I dont wear hats) to Saktiji for the excellent observations.The Leopard for sure wouldnt have chosen the adjacent tree because of inconvenience.....We do get lot of pics of leopards on tree from Kabini.But this is very good.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks almost like a lizard creeping down the surface of a wall. I Like the curvature of the tail used possibly for balance .Very nice image.Thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is a lovely image mrudul. very neatly done. From this angle the coat pattern really stands out and so does the strenght and agility of the animal. to me an image like this defines the leopard. Thanks for sharing.
    Rgds
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This pose of the leopard will remain in memory as it tells a story. It shows the grace as well as agility of the leopard. The tail is sharply turned to one side and helps in balancing it during its descent.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for the comments .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome power and nimble agility captured in this snap...one can almost feel the tautness of a coiled spring, a very powerful one, in this leopard getting down...awesome shot!

Thread Information