ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: ISSN Number for IndiaWilds Newsletter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

arrow2 ISSN Number for IndiaWilds Newsletter

The IndiaWilds Newsletter has completed six years of uninterrupted publication (http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/category/newsletter/ ). The Newsletter has evolved into a much searched and appreciated publication. So several researchers were asking me to get an ISSN number. Today, I am pleased to announce that the IndiaWilds Newsletter now has got ISSN number.

ISSN stands for International Standard Serial Number and it identifies all continuing resources both print or electronic. The ISSN number helps in electronic archiving and acts as a bibliographical tool so that students, researchers, writers of summaries and librarians can use it to give the precise references of a serial publication.

All IndiaWilds Newsletters are found online at http://www.indiawilds.com/diary/category/newsletter/ . At the moment the IndiaWilds Newsletter is distributed online as well as limited numbers in print. A few members also download the PDF version and print at their cost and distribute in their network. Henceforth the IndiaWilds Newsletter will contain the number ISSN 2394 - 6946

This is another step towards making meaningful contribution towards conservation through awareness generation and affirmative action. I am sure together we can make a difference.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

PS: Books are given ISBN number.
    Last edited by Mrudul Godbole; 19-01-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice to know this sir...I in turn feel your untiring efforts are and will be an inspiration to many to do what little they can. The newsletter has been consistent in talking about all those which make a difference to things natural.... from the mountains to the mole hills and how one has been turned into another. To bring a perspective which is original, unbiased and driven on facts and present it in a concise manner to fit a newsletter is a real challenge. An even bigger one is to find time to do this when it doesn't pay ...it gives us hope... My best wishes for keeping at it for a long time to come.

Rgds
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is huge achievement. Proud to be reader and member .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Roopak & Subhajit,
    Thanks for your kind words.

This is a personal mission. Hence, economics is not the driving force unlike many magazines.

It has not been easy. However, I am happy that I am trying to do whatever is possible. It started as a newsletter sent by email. Now, the IndiaWilds Newsletter has evolved to close to a 30 page pdf every month available online for downloads and distribution and limited amounts printed. I want to scale it up at a pace which is sustainable. Hopefully we will be able to reach out to more people and help spread the message. All I expect from our members is to forward the link of the newsletter to people so that they can be made aware.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many Congratulations Sabyasachi. Indeed your relentless efforts are paying off and hopefully your goal of spreading awareness would be fulfilled. Fine achievement.Thanks for making us members part of this journey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Murugan!

This is a shared journey. Together we succeed.

I have been asked many times that in this era of instant gratification, where your worth is often measured in the number of facebook likes, why I continue to try build this up brick by brick. Building something meaningful takes time. One needs to put those 10,000 hours to make it a real success. So I will continue with my efforts slowly and steadily.

I hope we will succeed in our effort to create a lasting positive impression on our wilderness areas and wildlife. Hopefully, long after we are gone, there would be another generation who would appreciate the need for this better, who would perhaps have more fire in their belly to build upon these foundations.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's a milestone reached. Thanks for giving us a platform to share and discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations. This is indeed awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Achievement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is indeed a big achievement. Thanks for the consistent newsletters.

Thread Information