ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Tigress in a relaxed moment – TATR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Tigress in a relaxed moment – TATR

Canon SX60 HS, 1/80, f/5.6, 41 mm, ISO-100, cropped from top and right for presentation.
    Clicked in TART, near Panchadhara, on 29-Jan-2015. She is daughter of Tara and is called Chhoti Tara.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see her relaxing in the shade. Liked the pose and the composition. Since it is cropped from the right, just a bit more space there would be good as the rear leg and tail are just touching the frame. The tall grass in the background looks nice. How are the sightings in Tadoba? Lot of tourists? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi Mrudul, Thanks for the review. The tourist traffic is going full, though the sightings are still unpredictable but improving. Out 4 days of my Safaris, I sighted the tigers on only one day (tigress in morn, tiger in even), I sighted lot of other animals, so I return very happy. I had first time sightings of Leopards, Sloth Bear, Bisons, Barking dears, Wild dogs and yes Tigers :-)

I noticed the nipped tail after posting the image, I am really sad about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This image needs a bit of contrast. Your camera has a big zoom. So place it on a support whenever it is possible and you will see that the details are better. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice scene. you seem to have had a good trip to TATR . Tiger, leopard, bear, dhole, and gaur what more can you ask for..

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hi Sabya and Roopak, thanks for the review . I am grappling with the issue that the shutter speed in P mode is very slow in this camera, not sure why. For the same combo of Aperture, ISO and focal lenght, Nikon P 510 would have shot with around 1/500 of shutter speed where as this camera is shooting with less than 1/100.
    yes I had a hellof a trip and will most likely add it on to my regular jaunts, the distance is at the strike level with decent roads from Hyd. Except for bears I managed decent images of all. will be posting them here, after all this forum is one of main motivation factors for my photography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am not sure if for the same shutter speed, aperture and ISO there would be such a big difference in shutter speeds.

The implementation of ISO by camera manufacturers is different. So even though two cameras may show the ISO as 100, in actual case the ISOs may be less than or more than 100. The focal length equivalents also vary. Even in SLR lenses, a lens marketed at 70mm may not be a true 70mm. With different focal lengths, the area of coverage is different and the meter readings would also be different. However, 2 stops of difference in shutter speeds is a lot, so I would be surprised if it were true.

The P mode or program mode decides on its own the aperture and shutter speed. You can select it to aperture priority mode and at the widest aperture you can get the the maximum shutter speed. Along with that bean bag and/or monopod or even just placing it on the jeep on a jacket as cushion would be of help.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information