User Tag List

Thread: LRK diary Feb-15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LRK diary Feb-15

Loved these small predators.
    Just back from LRK and I simply fell in love with the place.

Here a PEREGRINE falcon sitting lone in a dry desert of LRK.
    They have been called nature's finest flying machine. They are nature's fastest fliers: Peregrines have been clocked diving, or stooping, at speeds of up to 220 miles per hour! Peregrine falcons feed primarily on birds they take in the air: their prey includes ducks, pheasants, and pigeons. Canon EOS 7D , Sigma 150-500mm , f/8 , 1/640 , ISO-800 , -0.7step.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice you could sight this raptor in the open. I recently sighted it in Sunderbans, but it was on a tree and a very brief sighting. Good eye contact. An off-centered composition would have been nice. How long were you in LRK? Did you also visit GRK? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrudul Ji , I was in LRK for two days and it was a total unplanned trip since I was in Ahmedabad for some business trip but I went there with my all gears and the moment I got time ; I just sneaked into LRK.
    After reaching there I realized that I would be fool If had I not come to this place.

This shot is a full frame shot and this beauty was very comfortable with my presence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great one sirjee, it is really confortable with your presence, i remember when i was there in Jan, they were so disturbed by the tourists tht the moment you try to go close to them, they took off... off centred would have enhanced the composition further but with these kind of birds u get good profiles first of all you are lucky coz they go away and then after getting them you can be creative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thnx Rajbir for your kind comments , YES an off centered composition would have been nice.
    I could have done it by cropping it same image but then I would have lost a bit of background , this is a full frame image.
    I was sitting on the ground while clicking this shot and this guy never took off his eyes from me during entire photo shoot.
    Have got him in-flight which I'll be posting soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is an amazing predator. At times if one is patient and lying down on the ground for some time and then slowly makes little bit move forward and wait for sometime, and then resume crawling infront, then there are chances of closeups. After you have got the initial shots, it is worth trying. Especially when there are no other photographers scrambling to take photos and distract the bird. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information