ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Todgarh Raoli Wildlife Sanctuary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Todgarh Raoli Wildlife Sanctuary

This is a beautiful Sanctuary somewhere near Kumbhalgarh. Mostly unknown, the road to the sanctuary passes through some amazing Aravalli landscape. The sanctuary is supposed to house leopards, sambas, cheat, mongooses, sloth bears, many kinds of birds etc. I could only see a mongoose, but I think I saw some vultures in the sky, couldn't be sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice view of the sanctuary. Was this photographed from a tower? What is the small line near the top left corner? Slight more space at the top to include the tree in full would enhance the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mrudul. This was shot from a watch spot created Ina hillock by the forest department. The line on the top left is the hay from the roof of the tower. It's a panorama shot on a FujiFilm, and including more of the tree would include the roof of the tower.

What I liked in this forest is the rolling expanses of the aravallis and their dry deciduous forests. Somehow, I love the way our forests shed their leaves in winter and summers, and turn a beautiful yellow brown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Good to hear about this Sanctuary. When did you visit this place? In winters?

At times one gets to sight some good moments in the smaller sanctuaries. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was December 2014. The sanctuary is beautiful and relatively untouched by humans, expect for the zillions of cows eating all the pastures inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Open wilderness have their own charm, I get a sense of timelessness and limitlessness when in an open wilderness, when alone. If it contain undulating terrain, it adds on towards being more heavenly. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Information