contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Close Encounter with Dhikala Tiger Family (4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Close Encounter with Dhikala Tiger Family (4)

After nearly 18 months of training, the three cubs displayed their hunting skills to their parents, without success though it was a superb action display. I was holding 300mm f2.8 lens and focusing on the cub chasing a deer on the far side, when one of the tiger cub leaped across our gypsy bonnet from right side to left after a deer, the action lasted less than a fraction of second and before I could realize, it was over. Though on the video recording a bit of his ear was captured during the leap. After all the action by cubs were over, the parents emerged out of the bushes together, posed in front of our camera as if conveying their three cubs the most important lesson of life, that the heart of the tiger is not judged by how much forest respects and loves, but by how much you are loved by others. The moment is still etched in memory and the image uploaded is reflection of that. The parents then posed for next five to seven minutes before disappearing into the bushes.

I did not leave the spot as I anticipated some more action may be due, as 5 tigers were present within 200 m of our radius and the chitals were alert.

Nikon D 3100, Nikor 70-200 F 2.8, 2x, 400mm @ F 5.6, ISO 280, 1/500s - I know the image could have been much better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Once in a life time experience! What you witnessed was probably a training session.What seems to be amazing is that both the parents seemed to be involved in the process.In Tadoba too the fathers were caring and supportive of the cubs as they grew up and before they could fend for themselves. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truly amazing natural history moments witnessed. It is interesting to see, that the whole training session () took place with your gypsy present, they did not mind the human presence. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In the heat of the moment, I know of many so called expert photographers shaking. Tiger arouses so much and so many different kinds of emotions in people. Capturing it in camera is often a bonus. The images, even though they are not sharp tells us the story.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice moment captured here. agree with comments above.
    TFS
    Roopak

Thread Information