contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Close Encounter with Dhikala Tiger Family (5)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Close Encounter with Dhikala Tiger Family (5)

After about 45 minutes there was sudden charge and the deer's panicked and dashed out meters in front of our gypsy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Amazing action.Nearly all the deers seem to be in mid-air.The must have just burst out without giving you adequate time to react.In Corbett the tracks are so narrow that a tiger or any other animal crossing is almost always a one second experience.One has to be camera ready always.Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems the deers were waiting there for a long time and after the tiger family left, and they knew danger was over, they dashed out. Overall a very rare experience to witness. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A wide angle or even a compact camera may have been of help here. One needs to be very fast in capturing such fleet footed moments. Wish you had more space on the left, as the leaping deer at the left corner is better focused than the others. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Sabyasachi. I was looking at the tiger when suddenly it melted into the elephant grass and before I could realize these deer's dashed out in front of the gypsy. I was armed with 300 mm f 2.8 lens, no time to change. Will post the tiger dashing out and chasing the deer on the far end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

After viewing your entire thriller-movie it is difficult to choose a single shot, and yet I find this one as the best. The background for this 'explosive' drama may be, as under:
    With so many tigers around at different positions but not seen, some of the Chitals were definitely appreciating the scent with wind blowing towards them from one or more of tigers but were unable to reach at any conclusion from which direction danger may come. In such a situation they congregated and took shelter inside the forest having bush undergrowth. The tiger retreated into the elephant grass and that one as stated by you (or someone else) came back, took a different route, may be against the wind and charged. The congregation of deer exploded and just we see they are running radially. The charge was made from close range ..............All are ' may be' in the jungle.
    And the film-maker produced this amazing picture. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Thread Information