Canon Announces the EOS C300 Mark II
Canon announces the Mark II version of the immensely successful EOS Cinema C300 camera.
I have been eagerly waiting for this camera. As expected it will have 4K capability. There is a massive increase in dynamic range over the Canon C300 and it records at 15 stops dynamic range in Canon CLog2. The 10bit 4k and 10/12 bit 2K/Full HD files would be much malleable in post processing. The previous Canon C300 has 8 bit files and I had not faced problems grading it. Nevertheless, anyone wishing to push and pull the files to the max will love the 10 bits/12bit files. My C300 review was here:
Will do a similar thorough review of the C300 Mark II later.
One important feature is that in the 2K mode, the C300 Mark II can shoot at 120fps (100fps in PAL) in crop mode. For wildlife, this would be a nice thing to have.
· 4K with ability to record 10bit 4:2:2 files internally at upto 410 Mbps in 4k, or 10/12 bit 4:4:4 files in 2k/Full HD
· upto 15 stops of dynamic range in CLog2.
· Codec: XF-AVC codec for both 4K and 2K/Full HD
· XF-AVC intra for 4K, AF-AVC Long GOP and proxy options for 2K/Full HD. Both these codecs utilise H.264. Bit rate: Intra 410/225/220/110 Mbps (for proxy recording in SD cards)
· Sensor: Super 35 CMOS, New Sensor with 8.85 Mega pixel when shoting 4k or 8.25 MP when shooting Quad-HD
· Processor: Two Digic DV5 image processors
· Sensor read out speed: double that of C300 and helps in further reducing rolling shutter distortion. Action/fast moving scenes will look much better.
· Shooting speed: From 1fps for timelapse to 120 fps in 2K/Full HD(in crop mode). 2K full sensor max at 60fps. 4K max at 30fps.
· Dual Pixel CMOS AF: This is read from 80% vertical and 80% horizontal of the sensor and has face detection built-in. AF acquisition speed can be altered in 10 steps.
· Audio: 4 Channels, LPCM 24bit/48 kHz
· Video storage: CFast cards 2.0 and SD. Simultaneous external recording possible.
· built-in ND: 6 glass filters giving 2/4/6/8/10 stops.
· LCD: 4 inch LCD with 16:9 aspect ratio, approximate 1.23 million dots
· ISO: from 100 to 25600. Expanded to 51200 and 102400
· Battery: BP-A30 (included) and BP-A60 (optional)
· Input power supply: 14.4v DC (battery pack), 16.7v DC (DC in)
· Size:5.9 x7.2x7.2 inch (with thumbrest)
· Size with grip: 7.5x7.2x7.4 inch
· Size with grip, bracket, handle: 7.5x10.4x8.9 inch
· Size with grip, bracket, handle, monitor: 7.5x12.1x12.8 inch
Price: $15,999 USD
One can pre order by clicking this link : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134579-REG/canon_0635c002_eos_c300_mark_ii.html/BI/19990/KBID/13252