ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Bandhavgarh Diary Mar-15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bandhavgarh Diary Mar-15

Lot of new kids on the block in Bandhavgarh National Park (BTR) looking for their own territory. She's the Sukhi Patiha Sub-adult female # 2 a.k.a "D" wali" (she has letter "D" mark on top of her right eye). She was born in Nov 2012 in a litter of 3 (2 females & 1 male who died). Her sister is the Sukhi Patiha Sub-adult female #1 a.k.a "T wali". Father is the "Blue Eye" & mother Sukhi Patiha Tigress is now raising a new litter of 3 cubs now.
    Canon EOS7D , Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Non IS , 1/800 , ISO-800 , -0.3 step , f/4 , Handheld.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Nice image. Healthy specimen. Well documented.

Whenever I see an image of tiger or tigress from Bandhavgarh, an element of sadness creeps into my mind. How will we preserve the diversity of the unique gene pool of the majestic tigers of this forest which are only comparable to those of Kaziranga, Corbett and Sundarbans? We have lost Shivpuri. In my childhood largest tigers were being shot there, but President Tito declined to shoot when four majestic tigers, not one or two, appeared near his machan ( tigers were misled because of adoption of the process of tying baits and regulating artificial illumination from a distance by Indian authorities); instead he took cine film of them. A Noble heart. Animals can read the minds of human beings, I believe.

Wish Bandhavgarh will be saved. Some initiative to develop/ preserve remaining corridor upto Palamau is on the drawing board, I read sometime back.
    Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild
    Last edited by Saktipada Panigrahi; 08-04-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice you got her looking back at you. Liked the eye contact. The composition looks fine. The tiger population in Bandhavgarh is increasing, just that we need to give them more space to survive and grow. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice pose. Good that both the eyes are in the clear. Some more depth of field would have been great. I agree that Bandhavgarh should have connectivity with other national parks, so that the wildlife can move from one place to other and have a healthy gene pool. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mesmerizing. Bandhavgarh is a man made forest island in the mainland. I have my doubts the gene pool can survive unless a corridor with satpura forest is created without delay. In breeding is weakening the gene pool, it is like a time bomb waiting for a life threatening mutation for eradicating entire population.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really I am finding it difficult to concentrate on this particular image. The criss-cross grass lines creating illusion sort of particularly the shoulder part. every time I try to concentrate on face the attention gets directed to shoulder. Don't know the reason why. This is the fourth time I opened the Image to read the other comments. Does anybody else has same feeling??

Thread Information