ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Dholes, A beautiful family, TATR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Dholes, A beautiful family, TATR

Canon SX60 HS, 1/125, f/5.6, 83 mm, ISO-250. 10% Cropped from bottom and left. Basic PP in GIMP.
    This is not the best click in terms of focus or compo, but I have chosen it for the emotions it carries.

Clicked in TATR on 20-Apr-2015. This was my 2nd visit to this wonderland. A Dhole family with a Male, a Female and 2 pupies were resting on the safari tracks in Pandarpouni area. They were at peace and we (about 10 gypsies) were at peace watching them.

All of a sudden an arrogant Gypsy from Tiger Trails came, they just drove on scattering the Dhole family into bushes (may be only tiger was worthy of their lusty gazes). This is not the sole incident involving arrogant megalomaniacs from Tiger Trails; I can write a whole article on them based in my two visits (I have been taking most of my safaris from Khutwanda gate, the gate next to Tiger trails).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards;
    Subhash Shrivastava;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Dholes are very playful in nature. You have captured the varying moods of the three when disturbed, nice to observe the jungle scene. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its quite rare to see Dhole puppies in open. Lucky, you could watch the whole family for a considerable time. Dholes are always full of action, so while photographing them, its better to set an high ISO in your camera . Did you try registering a complaint with the Forest Department about the Tiger Trail gypsy's? Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love to see the playing Dhols......great shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great to see a dhole puppy. A bit more brightness would have been good.

Next time when you find such arrogant gypsy drivers, just click a video with your phone or camera. That will nail them for good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rare image of a Dhole cub.The close ties which binds the Dhole family nicely captured .Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nice to see a dhole pup subhash. as suggested by patra sab get evidence and then file a compliant, these guys will continue doing this if people don't react.

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for viewing and sharing your feedback.

Sakti sir, At the point when I took this photograph, the whole family was quite playful and were enjoying their time together, we watched them for a good 10 mins before the stupid gypsy drove them to bushes.

Mrudul ma'am; Somehow my experiences with FD staff over last 8 years block my mind against them as a solution option, though FD staff of TATR is as good as one can get in India. Next time, I may explore this option.

Sabya sir, How I regretted forgetting to take photos of the gypsy in my anger. I was still fuming and fumbling when my kid reminded that I should have taken photos or video of them. Next time it is a done thing. In my first visit, oneTiger trail gypsy was being driven at more than 70Kms / hr inside the core area with accompanying honking.

Thread Information