ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Elephantscape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elephantscape

I generally use long focal length lenses. But it was raining cats and dogs over Ramganga Reservoir in Dhikala, I dared not take my big gun out open in the rain. I took my NIKON P510 in my hand and was sitting in the gypsy not knowing what to do. Suddenly a big Tuskar appeared in the gloomy landscape. It seemed to enjoy the early spring rain. Its majestic movement with the hazy mountainscape at the backdrop created a marvelous scene. And this is how I tried to capture the moment. We sometimes love basking in the rain and it sometimes is more so when we see someone else enjoying the rain in the vast openness.
    NIKON P510
    ISO 450, 1/250, f4.5, Monochrome done by CS5
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lovely scene, well captured. like the monochrome treatment. a little less of the grass in the FG perhaps??

TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An environmental composition can speak volumes compared to a close-up. Lovely feeling to watch a lone tusker walking past in heavy rains. Agree with Roopak, slight less space in the foreground (cropping a bit from the bottom) would be nice. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lovely. I agree that less space at the bottom and a bit more off centered composition would have strengthened the image. This image shows that equipment is not the only important variable in creating good imagery. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

It is simply one wonderful canvas of Corbett T.R. Thanks for sharing. SaktiWild

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for lovely comments Rupakji, Mrudulji, Sabyasachi da, Shakti da..
    I cropped the image and did some editing with photoshop and posted it: now as you have pointed out about the framing of the photo I feel that you have rightly said and the photo certainly would look better the other way.
    samrat

Thread Information