ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Water Sports 2 Its Heave and a Ho !--Elephants of Kabini

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Water Sports 2 Its Heave and a Ho !--Elephants of Kabini

Not one of these two was willing to give in, much to our delight.They kept pushing and pummeling each other right into the river.It carried on for 10 minutes or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucky you could watch this action. You never know what nature has in store for you. The force applied by the one on the left can be seen. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great to see this sequence. Unlike the adults, the juveniles are more enthusiastic and never fail to show us some interesting moments. With the splashing waters, the scene looks nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice. agree with calfs and juveniles in the herd there is always some excitement. Did u make a video??
    TFS
    Roopak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

The interesting sequences very ably documented. Both are males of near equal age, it looks like. One has good tusks still under developmental stage and one day will be the owner of formidable tusks, the other has only very short tusks or protrusions known as tushes. Whether this one in the right will have fully developed tusks in its prime still remains under our imagination.

I have seen large tuskers fighting for an hour or so in Kaziranga, but never seen any fight between a tusker and tuskless male. Although it is not a fight in true sense, but possibly a practice session; the series has enabled us to stretch our imagination how makhnas fight with tuskers and can break off adversary's tusks with trunk! The techniques adopted are vividly displayed in the photographs.

The serial enables us to visualise why E.P.Gee wrote :".........Certainly lack of tusks does not seem to be a handicap, because I have several times seen a Makhna as the master bull of a herd of wild elephants in NE India, in preference to a tusker."
    Thanks for sharing, SaktiWild

Thread Information