User Tag List

Thread: Introduction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I am Ulhas Kalyanpur from Bangalore. The wildlife bug bit me 7 years back. Since then have visited a lot of jungles/forests in South India. Starting to explore the central India forests from this month (Wish me luck!!). I am a novice when it comes to photography. Hoping to learn and share from this forum

Regards,
    Ulhas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello Ulhas,
    Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to know that you have been bitten by the wildlife bug. While photographing don't forget to observe as well. So people get too engrossed by the technical side of photography and forget to enjoy nature. You can ask your doubts in the equipment discussions as well as tips sections and even in the photos posted by others so that they can explain why they used a particular aperture/shutter speed, iso etc. A lot of people forget that this is a life long learning. The more you learn, the more you get to know how much more you ought to know.

You can also post your "selfie" here so that from your photo we all can identify you in the field.
    Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, welcome to IndiaWilds!

Agree that a lot of people who start photographing wildlife end up forgetting about the 'observation' side of it. It is always interesting to go region-wise, as you get to systematically compare the wildlife across India, leading to some amazing findings.

Thread Information