ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Any update on Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any update on Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary

Has anyone visited the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary recently?
    Would appreciate an update on the birding situation. I intend to visit the park during mid February.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

Heard that the sighting is good this time, as water is released this year.
    Regards,
    Mrudul Godbole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrudul Godbole View Post
    Heard that the sighting is good this time, as water is released this year.
    Just returned from a three days trip to Bharatpur. The release of water into the park has created a healthy environment for birds. I have been visiting the park almost every year for the last 4-5 years and the quantity and variety of birds this time was astounding even at the almost end of season.

Here is a image made of the resident Saras cranes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely Image, My palnning to visit this place in last Diwali was all mess due to unavailability of train tickets.... The images like this invites me every passing day.. to visit KNP, Bharatpur.... wish my plan works this time.... Thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once I was a regular visitor to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary , the best time to visit is mid December till first week of January , when you can see the famous Siberian cranes , Tufted Duck (Aythya fuligula),Greater white-fronted Goose ,Greylag Goose (Anser anser),Common Shelduck (Tadorna tadorna),Pallas's Fishing-eagle and lot more in their natural habitant.
    Keep a watch on local news paper such as Rajasthan Patrika , they generally report immediately arrival of this beautiful and elegant bird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vipin Sharma View Post
    the best time to visit is mid December till first week of January
    Thank you Vipin for your reply. I have always visited Bharatpur during the winter, December and January. This year visited their in February and was pleased to see a higher number of birds due to an improved water situation. The Siberian cranes have been giving Bharatpur a miss for quite a few years now. However, I am planning to visit Delhi from 10 October to 10 November and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to visit the park in the first week of November. I believe it would be a good time to see the birds with their young ones in the nest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rainfall has been good throughout the country. So I am sure the locals won't create a problem in releasing the water. This year, there should be more nesting activity due to availability of water. I miss the Bharatpur of the olden days. Even late 90's was also fine. If water availability continues for a few years, then the park would bounce back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is the birding in Bharatpur this year? Can any one advise? Planning a visit in mid December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is water and it should be similar to last year. Do let us know your updates. I have driven down all the way from Delhi to the western coast for a shoot. Hopefully in January while driving back, I will take a detour to shoot in Bharatpur. Later half of December to mid january one may expect fog in the morning with poor visibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I drove down to Bharatpur for couple of days. Unfortunately there was a lot of fog and visibility was poor. This trip was primarily to test the Canon Cinema C300 Mark II camera and do some sound recording. I could find lot of coots, painted storks, teals, a few bar headed geese, marsh harriers chasing birds etc. Also saw a black necked stork eating a pintail. Unfortunately fog was very heavy.

Cheers,
    Sabyasachi

Thread Information